For Sale: 1956 Continental Mark II - $18,500 - Chariton, IA - Not Mine - Posting deleted by its author.

For Sale: 1956 Continental Mark II - $18,500 - Chariton, IA - Posting deleted by its author.

1956 Lincoln Mark 11 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

1956 Lincoln Mark 11 these are rare car less then 3000 made in 56&57 800 had ac, I bought this about a month ago, was told car had sat for 30 years in a shed. I have tuned it, changed oil , filled all fluids, have been running car off of electric fuel pump and gas can runs smooth and quiet, this car does have AC turned this on compressor and fan does work, both heater motors work all windows are power and they work, power steering sector works but leaks, filled tranny doesn't leak but only have drive and neutral believe valve body stuck, brakes appear to have been rebuilt sometime but believe master cylinder bad see no leaks but little to no brakes, power seat works. I will list this for a couple days if it doesn't move will keep it and finish. May do some trading Thanks Bryce
IF YOU CAN TEXT YOU CAN CALL, odometer: 29000

Copy and paste in your email:  3dcf60de02cc3611b2075fd7ea5e9d22@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Continental Mark II.

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA a.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA b.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA c.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA d.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA e.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA f.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA g.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA h.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA i.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA j.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA k.jpg

'56 Lincoln Mark II IA l.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Posting deleted by its author. (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Looks to be a reasonable price for the car if it is not a rust bucket. Need to see underneath to confirm that. Of course it would need a repaint and probably would end up being a money pit to get it on the road. It does seem to have the original upholstery, worn in the front but not terrible. Most likely has more than 29K miles.

One of my favorite cars from the 1950s, but would need to add an extension to my garage to fit one in. I will stick with my current money pit.

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird 

• Like 1

I would not touch this car with a 10 foot pole.  Upholstery looks to me like vinyl.  Not sure that's a MK 2 color. Would need decoded. Used to be a great Mark 2 website/registry that could tell you a lot about the cars and they would need to chime in.  I don't care for weird vibe I am getting from the seller flipper.  Seems he was in the right place at the right time and got a car for $4000 or so.  

56 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

I'm sure there are more expensive cars to restore, I'm just not able to think of any at the moment...

Funny, That's the same thing I heard from LCOC members twenty-five years ago too!  I think they used the terms 'hideously expensive'.

10 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

I'm sure there are more expensive cars to restore, I'm just not able to think of any at the moment...

Hummmmmm. . . . . . I will accept your challenge. How about a 57-8 El Dorado Brougham????

At least you are guaranteed of having steel springs on the Mark II  ;-) 

Interesting discussion. If I was close to Iowa I would definitely go and take a look at it. The seller does not claim that the mileage is original, but look under the hood. The engine compartment sure looks clean for a fifties car with over 100K miles, if the odometer has flipped over once. If it is a described it is definitely not a basket case. I think it is possible that the car has its original paint and I stand by my statement that the interior is original. I have a friend who owns a 1957 Mark II and the interior definitely looked the same when he bought it as on this car. He restored his interior using original leather from Bridge of Weir, who supplied the original upholstery. Definitely an expensive proposition since the front seat bottom requires one piece of leather. If you see a Mark II seat that has seams in it that indicates the seat has been restored with cheaper materials.  

The guy selling the car is a flipper, but so what? If he is offering the car at a reasonable price than it matters not to me. Am I getting reasonable value for my money if I were to buy it? That is what matters to me. Caveat emptor!

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird  

The one area they never get right if a Mark II needs body work is the rocker moldings.   For the uninitiated, the lower fenders are stamped offsets that allow the stainless steel rocker molding to set flush with the surface of the fenders, not mounted on top of it as most cars have.  Should anyone go inspect this Mark II, pay close attention to the rocker trim and how its mounted, it will tell you a lot about its condition.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The one area they never get right if a Mark II needs body work is the rocker moldings.

And as a reminder the exhaust runs through the rocker panels. Always difficult repairs. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Continental Mark II - $18,500 - Chariton, IA - Not Mine - Posting deleted by its author.