Your thoughts on a 1967 WAZA?

Xander Wildeisen

There might be some practical applications for a pickup with low side walls on the bed like that. I suspect my wife would love that vehicle for her ambitious gardening chores. Probably easier to get things in and out of the bed from a variety of vantage points. Just needs a little tailgate to keep things from falling out. Price is right!

Fords had to add weights to the rear for hard stopping.

Chevrolet in one of the adds  compared  the Econoline and Corvair PU in a panic stop were the Ford's rear came way up. (some of the weight was removed)

That would be a test I would make with the seller sitting next to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Chevrolet in one of the adds  compared  the Econoline and Corvair PU in a panic stop were the Ford's rear came way up. (some of the weight was removed)

The Dodge A100s also had a big, square solid steel bar under the very rear to add weight to the wheels for traction. I really miss my Dodge....

1013146_10201455849857123_321968527_n.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I always thought forward control trucks were neat. Of course I never drove one as the were on the way out as I started drivng.

I've never driven the truck version of that Dodge but I have driven the van version and plenty of 13 passenger vans and a few VW buses that are the same style of vehicle.

It is very weird at first to feel the way the rear end reacts when you steer.

And when you go around a corner you feel like you have to go past the corner before you start your turn.

Things get real interesting the first time you try to back up a trailer with the forward driving position of those vehicles.

Takes a little getting used to.

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 11:10 AM, 28 Chrysler said:

Yeah- my dad was a manager at Ford Custom Vehicle in the old triple E building when the first reports came in of Econoline vans falling forward off car hoists besides the braking issue.  They actually built a few with 1 gallon paint cans filled with cement to place behind the quarter panels under the load floor.  I suspect some heads rolled over the matter but my dad thought is was quite humorous...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...