SOLD*FOR SALE `65 Riv Midnightblue, 425 Super Wildcat w/ COLD AC!*SOLD

Posting this for a friend who is reducing his collection, located in the Houston TX area...if interested, please send a PM.

Link to YouTube video

Tastefully and professionally restored and maintained `65 Riv in the original and seldom seen color scheme of Midnight blue over silver blue!  Always a dry TX car, never any rust or accident damage, which has been restored and upgraded with performance, drive-ability and comfort as a priority.

The paint is not original and is estimated to have been properly refinished approximately 20 years ago. As should be expected in a 20 year old refinish, there are small indications of wear and tear, but the finish is best described as "excellent driver" in condition and has been extremely well maintained.

The owner wanted to create a "sleeper" version of a `65 Gran Sport equipped car so the original 401 engine was replaced by a KW code 425 with `64 Super Wildcat dual quad intake complete with the original dual quad carbs and engine dress up package. The engine was COMPLETELY rebuilt with parts and advice from a nationally known Nailhead rebuilder and has been vetted and is fresh and ready to go. Of course, the carbs and distributor were rebuilt to Super Wildcat specs and all service items associated with a fresh engine have been addressed, such as cooling system, fuel system, belts, etc...

The original differential has been replaced by a 3:42 posi from a `65 Gran Sport! This is a nice and expensive upgrade one seldom sees and really is necessary to take advantage of the upgraded engine and intake. 

A Texas necessity/priority regarding comfort was a properly operating AC system. Any issues have been professionally addressed and vetted so the AC blows cold and is ready to go! Also with comfort in mind, the original AM Sonomatic radio was converted to modern internals that enable FM reception.

Not pictured but installed are the correct and functional 4 note horn option and correct `65 Gran Sport wheel covers.

Regarding the overall condition of this Midnight Blue beauty, I think the pictures speak for themselves. The cosmetic condition of paint, interior, chrome are best described as excellent driver as is the cosmetic appearance under the hood and the recently refinished trunk compartment. In addition to the mechanical upgrades I have described, all mechanical systems, AC ,cooling system, steering, exhaust (original style), fuel, etc have been serviced to produce a car that is ready to drive in comfort and enjoy.

In summary...this Riv has a knockout combination of assets; the seldom seen and beautiful Midnight Blue, a lovely interior, under the hood and trunk compartment, it`s a dry, rust free, always TX  car, 425 Super Wildcat, 3:42 posi and cold AC that is ready to drive NOW without any cosmetic or mechanical upgrades.

Reasonably priced to move on to a new owner at $28,500 or a reasonable offer.

Thanks for looking!

Tom

thumbnail.jpg

l front.jpg

rear.jpg

bbb.jpg

yyy.jpg

drxur.jpg

bbbu.jpg

dfgh.jpg

ttt.jpg

fcut.jpg

gcick.jpg

gug.jpg

ftdurdi.jpg

dreu5ed.jpg

xu.jpg

ygc.jpg

cci.jpg

xxurt.jpg

sss.jpg

fcf.jpg

drivers rear quarter.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)
  • Like 6
11 minutes ago, Seafoam65 said:

Very curious that in one pic it has the spinner hubcaps and in all the other pics it does not.

Agreed that it is a nice car.

In the ad I explained that, although not pictured, the 4 note horn option and `65 Gran Sport wheel covers are currently installed. I didnt realize when I typed up the ad that I had a pic of the car with the GS hubcaps, which I included.

Tom

Tom,

Very nice, I love the blue. Looks like a good deal on a car that doesn't need anything. What a concept!

When you say Gran Sport hubcaps, are you referring to the turbine wheel covers?

Jim

4 minutes ago, JJ62 said:

Tom,

Very nice, I love the blue. Looks like a good deal on a car that doesn't need anything. What a concept!

When you say Gran Sport hubcaps, are you referring to the turbine wheel covers?

Jim

Hi Jim,

There is a picture in the ad of the Gran Sport hubcap. It looks like the standard `65 hubcap with an earlier `64 turbine wheel spinner installed but it is actually a distinct stamping which is different than the standard hubcap in order to accept the spinner.

Tom

• Like 1

Tom,

Do you know if he has any interest in a part trade?  I have a friend, also in TX, looking for a "big Buick", that has a 66 GS 4 speed he would need to part with to make space for a new car.

Thanks, Chris

36 minutes ago, cjp69 said:

Tom,

Do you know if he has any interest in a part trade?  I have a friend, also in TX, looking for a "big Buick", that has a 66 GS 4 speed he would need to part with to make space for a new car.

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris,

No, as stated in the ad he is reducing his collection. But thanks for asking,

Tom

• Like 1
On 2/24/2021 at 12:27 PM, rtshirk said:

Tom

I sent a PM as well, I am in Houston, and would love to see the car, I have been in the market for a 65 Riv for some time now.

Best regards
Robert 

Nice talking to you Robert. Good luck with your potential purchase!

Tom

• Like 1

I wasnt crazy about the pictures so we added a short You Tube video to the original listing which displays the nice, straight body, Gran Sport spinner hubcaps currently installed, the operating clamshells, and how nice the engine runs/responds.

Tom

• 1965rivgs changed the title to SOLD*FOR SALE `65 Riv Midnightblue, 425 Super Wildcat w/ COLD AC!*SOLD