I got mine from opgi. I would check with clarks to see if they still sell it as they may have a better source or better quality foam. Opgi foam was pretty good, just would recommend your upholsterer bolster the sides and edges for a more oem rounded puffy look if you like that look. 

Clarks limits themselves to 1st generation Riviera’s. They only have foam for all 63s and 64s, and 65 standard interiors.  The foam they have is for front seats only.  That foam is a generic foam that spreads across all GM lines from the era.  Even though the foam is sold out of their Riviera catalog, it carries a Corvair part number.  The same foam was used in the Corvair bucket seats; as well as other Buick’s, Chevies, Oldsmobiles, and Pontiac’s.

I guess I wasn’t clear when I said that Clark’s sold only fronts. In that I meant to say fronts only, no one sells rear foam. To many variations. A good upholstery shop can shape some for you.

Are you sure there are foams in the rear seats? A lot of GM rear seats in the 60's only had cotton

padding on top of burlap on top of the rear seat springs. That's the way my 69 GTO is. If there is foam in the rear seat cushions, you will need a good upholstery guy to either carve new ones out of foam material or add cotton padding on top of the old foam to build it up where it has shrunk. You are always better off not to replace the foams on your seats because the new foam

that everybody makes are much firmer, are not comfortable to sit on and your head will be hitting the headliner when sitting in the rear unless you are very short.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1st gen (63-65s) have rear foam for sure. I find the back seat foam is usually brittle like stale bread.

Maybe 2nd generation is different, but you have to manufactuee new buns ( or manipulate the cushions from the front for the rear if you are changing the front anyway) Pic 1

I use soft foam in the center and firmer on the side bolsters, glue it all to a burlap base) Pic2

Use cotton to fill/make small adjustments Pic 3

Tip: Women are naturals at this LOL

Lots of upholstery videos on youtube, you need papaer coated listing wire (or coat hangers), hog ring pliers/rings and arts and crafts skills

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

35 minutes ago, gungeey said:

1st gen (63-65s) have rear foam for sure. I find the back seat foam is usually brittle like stale bread.

Maybe 2nd generation is different, but you have to manufactuee new buns ( or manipulate the cushions from the front for the rear if you are changing the front anyway) Pic 1

I use soft foam in the center and firmer on the side bolsters, glue it all to a burlap base) Pic2

Use cotton to fill/make small adjustments Pic 3

Tip: Women are naturals at this LOL

Lots of upholstery videos on youtube, you need papaer coated listing wire (or coat hangers), hog ring pliers/rings and arts and crafts skills

seats1.jpg

seats2.jpg

seats3.jpg

No wonder Mickey Mouse loves those seats...I want to crawl into the picture and take a nap!

Tom Mooney

• Haha 1

I have never seen rear seat foam listed for a Riviera. I have a set that I will probably refurbish and have the upholsterer fit for me when the time comes. I like watching the videos.

They make me fee; :empowered".

I have quite a collection and like this software for saving and filing them: https://clipgrab.en.softonic.com/

The seats I stripped out for extra frames had a more rubbery foam than I usually see, quite similar to the rubber underlay of the early 1950's cars. It is a heavy material.

One other option I have thought about is converting a set of seats to coil spring with the ties, burlap, and traditional stuffing. It is tempting to do one like that as an experiment. If nothing else I would have another seat for the garage.