My water pump impeller on my 1928 senior dodge is in need of replacing! 

It has been weld together before, and is in bad shape! 

I was hoping that someone might have a spare and may be willing to part with it. 

The one that Myers and vintage& classic reproductions list as a replacement is wrong.

So can someone please help me out! 

Terry

20210222_192349.jpg

20210222_192330.jpg

20210222_192339.jpg

I'm betting that's not going to be easy to find. Senior engines were built by Continental but to DB specs. They MAY have used a water pump that fits other cars.  I think I would have a new one cast. I have a foundry that I use that could do that pretty easily. Build up the broken areas with JB weld or Bondo and close off the hole. 

7 hours ago, aunty norm said:

My water pump impeller on my 1928 senior dodge is in need of replacing! 

It has been weld together before, and is in bad shape! 

I was hoping that someone might have a spare and may be willing to part with it. 

The one that Myers and vintage& classic reproductions list as a replacement is wrong.

So can someone please help me out! 

Terry

20210222_192349.jpg

20210222_192330.jpg

20210222_192339.jpg

Try here....http://water-pump-rebuilders.com/

Thanks for the suggestions. I have been chatting with Ron Lawson and we both agree that if I can't find one ,I will have to get one casted in a local foundry in Australia.  I might also phone Mattml430 ,he might have some suggestions on how to fix the problem or know of a local  foundry that would do it.

I still hopeful that someone might have one!

Terry,

Australia has a very good DB club, there are members with spares, alternatively, the president is a pattern maker and will make a pattern and cast an impeller if asked. I would encourage all Australian Dodge owners to maximise their membership and ask the local branch for help.

The foundry I use could use your impeller, might cost $10 or $15 US. If it was cleaned up a little, hide the welds etc. It would cost more to send it here then the casting would cost, but I will do it for you if you want. Someone with a CNC milling machine could whittle you one too. Cast iron machine real easy. 

This will make engineers shudder. Years ago,I dipped my  1927 Senior impeller in wax, to allow for shrinkage and had it cast in bronze, then turned down to fit. With 3D printing it should be relatively easy to make a useable Pattern for casting.

Edited by gundog99 (see edit history)

All is looking good! A fellow club member has come to my rescue,  he feels that he can help. 

I'm taking my old impeller to the club meet 9n Friday  and discuss what is require. 

Thanks to all the suggestions and help, it make life a lot easier with the support.

• Like 2