For Sale: 1968 Cadillac Eldorado - "garage-kept all its life" - Riverside, CA - Not Mine

For sale on Craigslist:  1968 Cadillac Eldorado in Orange County, Riverside, CA  -  $7,500  -  No phone # provided.  Reply to Seller through Craigslist email to:  46e1ec494f873cb9ba3e65dd18b10b80@sale.craigslist.org

Link: https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/riverside-1968-cadillac-eldorado-parked/7279537308.html

Seller's Description:

1968 Cadillac Eldorado

• condition: good
  • VIN: H8125341
  • odometer: 92,350
  • paint color: brown
  • title status: clean

This 1968 Classic Cadillac Eldorado has been garage-kept all of its life.

• Original paint and vinyl top are in great condition for a 50 year old classic. Interior is good.
  • The 472 inch, 375 HP V-8 motor runs very strong. New carburetor. New brake. New fuel line. New Starter. New Muffler. New alternator. New belts. New battery. New tires. New mufflers. TheTurbo hydromatic automatic transmission shifts smoothly.
  • Under 93k original miles. It has Cruise control, Tilt, Power Steering , Power windows doors and locks.
  • Original radio works great. A/C needs to be charged. All original parts. Original 1968 dealer's collector title included.
  • Overall this Classic 50 Year Old Cadillac Eldorado is in great shape to either be fully restored or just drive as is.

If you are serious buyer, please email with your name, your contact number, and best time to call, as well as confirm if you have cash offer ready. Price is firm.  Thanks.

image.thumb.png.fc81c62f489a3c1395b90ee18196a7b3.png

image.thumb.png.0974d4ec751ebb3e50630f51244808ef.png

image.thumb.png.aec59f109a8d9733d51fac2c75243f2d.png

image.thumb.png.904f51b80c9875d6530b2d506041b71f.png

image.thumb.png.5f356ad03f52e8ae6b879679fc9dc177.png

image.thumb.png.afced56897bc53c98b53759880f412f9.png

image.thumb.png.da95545f7b618259d7b64c202463f113.png

image.thumb.png.3b52f981c94ee562a6a3647fb726deed.png

In pictures 1 and 3 the driver's door is ajar.  I would like to see better pictures of the engine compartment; too many rusty red tinges in last picture.  He says the A/C needs a recharge but it should be worded the A/C needs to be fixed and re-charged!

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, deac said:

In pictures 1 and 3 the driver's door is ajar.  I would like to see better pictures of the engine compartment; too many rusty red tinges in last picture.  He says the A/C needs a recharge but it should be worded the A/C needs to be fixed and re-charged!

Exactly. Never ceases to amaze me about people stating the A/C needs "recharged". It's a closed system. If it needs recharged, it needs fixing first, which can be expensive and aggravating with these old cars. My '89 Corvette still has R12; not looking forward to the day when I have to break into the system.

• Like 2

Looks like the driver's door is sagging. Gap at the front edge is wider than the passenger door. Very long, very heavy doors, so hopefully all it needs is an adjustment.

Looks to be a pretty good asking price, but "firm" price ads are problematic. Maybe a car is EXACTLY as described, or underpriced, but usually not. Better to leave a little slack in the price for issues the seller isn't aware of (or willfully ignoring).

• Like 1

The sagging driver's door likely needs the hinge pins and bushings replaced, it was a common problem with those long, heavy doors on personal luxury coupes, especially when they never were lubricated.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The sagging driver's door likely needs the hinge pins and bushings replaced, it was a common problem with those long, heavy doors on personal luxury coupes, especially when they never were lubricated.

Who here has experience opening these doors on a hill?    They will either cut your legs off or swing out and on to the ground depending on which direction you are facing.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, suchan said:

but "firm" price ads are problematic. Maybe a car is EXACTLY as described, or underpriced, but usually not. Better to leave a little slack in the price for issues the seller isn't aware of (or willfully ignoring).

I totally agree.  I see the word "firm" next to a price as problematic and a deterrent to even inquiring about the car.  Read "stubborn seller."  

• Like 2