Ran when parked.

Mark Huston

I wonder if anyone here remembers an auction that was held in the 1980’s to sell an old bar/restaurant just north of Frederick, MD. The place later opened as Cactus Flats. The property had a 1932 Studebaker Dictator, 2 door convertible parked to the side. It had been there so long a large tree grew up through the driver’s seat area. The car was auctioned off and the buyer had to cut off the tree and lift the remains off the stump. 

• Like 1

I know its the same story we have all heard of and lived through but, there was a guy down the street my father did business with. The guy never sold a car, and others would park theirs on his property when they were done with them. He had many early Fords. I was about 14 or 15 and Pop tried to buy a 32 vicky from the guy. He was getting it for me as a first car. I know at the time it would have ended up.........ahem, clears throat......... a street rod. Anyway many visits many offers no sale. Family had an auction when the guy died, by then all of the cars looked about like the one in the original post here. All of them worthless at that point.

• Like 4