Wheel bearing 1923 Hudson Timken #'s 415 & 315

rhurst

Looking to buy new front wheel bearings for my Hudson.  I do have the old numbers but can't find them . Did talk to Timken and they don't have any cross reference for them....too old.  Do have the inside bore of the old ones. Does anyone have a source?  The 415 inside bore 37.32 mm or 1.469in. The 315 has an inside bore of 25.12 or .989 in. The large one has a maximum width of 75.73mm or 2.983 in.  The smaller one maximum is 62.65mm or 2.466 of an inch

I've no idea who you spoke to but both the 415 and the 315 are still listed in the Timken catalog. I can't copy the link because something is wrong with my computer but just do a google search on Timken 415...

If it's still in the catalog chances are there are interchange numbers as well. They should be easy to find.

Like these from ebay...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Timken-415-Tapered-Roller-Bearing-Cone-1-5-ID-Lot-of-2/124566768153?hash=item1d00c20a19:g:XfQAAOSw79JgIvhZ

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

I just ordered a Timken rear wheel bearing for my 1917 White. Prices ranged from 875 dollars to 40 dollars for good used on line. Bearings usually are not very expensive.