Truck wheel alternatives?

MaxwellFox

I was all excited over finding a set of model t truck wheels and demountable tires, but looking into them the center bores are too small, 3" and my truck needs a 3.75"-ish.  Looking into other wheels nothing seems to have a center bore that big.  I was hoping to be able to have some sort of easy swap to a more common wheel and tire setup but I'm starting to worry I'm stuck.  Has anybody found options for wheels?  I realize that being a truck is probably part of the problem, the hubs and bearings are probably bigger.  Could I rebore the centers of the model T wheels, or is there a certain amount of required meet between the bore and the bolt holes?  Also the hole pattern is a little off, could I plug and redrill for the maxwell layout?

photo_2021-02-15_14-05-09.jpg

29f663ed1cff42f79f4c19e79f832666 (1).jpg

Edited by MaxwellFox (see edit history)

Im not sure what determines rebuildable.  To me they seem kaput.  The front passenger tire crawled off getting it off and on a flatbed and the passenger rear is on crooked.  Theyre larger diameter than a model t so spokes would have to be made.  The model t truck wheels just take model t stuff as far as i know but the hubs are too small for the maxwell.

If your old hubs and rims are ok the rest is restorable. There are shops that can do the whole job. You show a measurement on the outside of the hub, but the parts you need to measure are the axle and bearings (inside & outside dia.) and races, to see if some other hub will fit. Why not post a photo of the whole wheel and axle.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)