Eastern Spring - Saratoga, NY - June 17-19, 2021 and Grand Nationals - New Ulm, MN - July 22-24, 2021

Pat Buckley

• Pat Buckley changed the title to Eastern Spring - Saratoga, NY - June 17-19, 2021 and Grand Nationals - New Ulm, MN - July 22-24, 2021
  • Pat Buckley pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Eastern Spring Nationals  Saratoga, NY
Deadline Extended to May 28, 2021
Register TODAY!!
S.gif

Eastern Spring Nationals
June 17-19 – Saratoga Springs, NY

One of the most scenic areas we could ever visit for a national show is almost here. A full slate of activities is scheduled for you and yet you will still have time to visit this great tourist area. Car enthusiasts will love the visits to the collections and museum, and there are a multitude of other activities for you to enjoy. The show will go on! The region already has the necessary approvals to conduct the show, so don't hesitate to register! 

Join us as it is time to get back to enjoying the hobby we love. Register online, print out and mail today!

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Had a great time in Saratoga today. Would be curious to know which car won Best in Show, if that is awarded. Was my first time visiting an AACA show but I left fairly early. 

Billy,

Glad to hear that you had a great time at Saratoga today.  I have very much enjoyed all AACA shows that I have attended and you will always get to see vehicles that you probably will not see elsewhere.  As Ted noted, there is no Best in Show at an AACA show however, at each AACA meet, 2 vehicles are selected for the Zenith Award competition for next year's Grand National Show the following year.  Thus, 2 vehicles from today's show were selected to compete for the 2022 Zenith Award competition.  

Tim

1 hour ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Thanks! So which two won the Zenith awards?

Two cars should have been nominated to compete for the Zenith Award. I don't think that those that are selected are announced until the end of the season when they, along with the other nominees selected at other Nationals, are displayed at the Grand National, where they compete for The Zenith Award.  

Sorry I missed meeting you in person Billy. Was pretty busy judging although I did get to see the cars later, and managed to get a few pics. Terry

Take a look at this page from the AACA Judging Guidelines. 

There are also Driver's Participation and Historic Preservation of Features awards, where cars are evaluated, not point judged.

We can't have you coming to our shows and not have you know what's going on. 😉

Do a search for AACA.org/Juding Guidelines to learn more.

Scan0001.jpg

Edited by Phillip Cole (see edit history)
  • Haha 1