Jump to content

1923 Hudson sterring lubriction bag

Recommended Posts

Not sure what this part is called and I think I need a new one.  It looks like a cloth bag that fits around the steering mechanism grease point. Don't know what it is called and where I can purchase one. Anybody know??


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is to keep dirt out of the joint. They are usually were put on all the steering links. Usually they were leather but maybe canvas if cloth. Find someone with a heavy sewing machine to sew you a few. the other side may have fasteners to keep it tight. I don't know Hudson, but that may be home made. If the ball is the same size as the Model A or early Ford you can get a standard rubber type grease seal for the joints.

Edited by JFranklin (see edit history)
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...