Who wants to live to see their car turn 100?

Buick35

I am 72 and have a history of buying nice 15 to 20 year old cars and keeping them a long time. The one I bought when I was 30 will be 57 years old this year. Looks like I will just keep doing that. And never really buy an old car, just get older along with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

My oldest car is 119 years old and it is in better shape than me although I may have more metal parts than it does!

I would like to see BOTH of you run Brighton! I'll drive the car, you run along side...........sounds like a GREAT time! 😎

• Like 1

The 12 Garford and 14 Buick are well into the next century.  Mu oldest Cadillac has  2 to go.  I probably won't make it to see the 38's turn 100 as I would be 98 although my Grandpa was still living alone in his own home at 100 and playing cards every day. Hope I inherited his genes.

• Like 1

My oldest car turned 84 this yr,and in 16yrs, that will put me at 49, which is hopefully do-able! i would like to imagine that i will still be enjoying some form of the car hobby, whatever that becomes in the future...hopefully my Buick is finished by then!

I just realized........that my newest car is old enough to vote! The newest vehicle I own is my car hauling trailer...........I tend to buy old very low milage vehicles for every day use. My GMC was 16 years old with 30k on the clock when I bought it.

• Like 2

When my Pontiac reaches 100 I will be 88.  Totally within reach.  All the longevity sites on the internet suggest I should reach 94.  Lots of years to spare.

I want my cars to see me at 100, in 17 years.

Cars are '27, '27, '29, '30, and '32.

My bike is 1910 and an out board motor from '14

//////////////////

My Friend is 99, finishing up restoration on '60 Triumph. And has several others.

Best Wishes to all to make it !!!

• Like 3

At 106 I would like to drive whatever old car I have to the grocery store, stand in line at the cashier, and hear her say "Those bananas good a little green". I'll jut give her a big smile and say "Not for me!"

For everyone in the hobby I hope it's this car.

2006247410_001(3).thumb.JPG.ae95e7e26be2ca173167fe307d5e2249.JPG

My cars are so much younger than I.

Ed L, Are you thinking of buying? For $12,000 USD a black era model T should have good paint throughout, nice upholstery, and a very nice top properly done. It should also be ready to jump in and drive on a significant local tour at least. A 1917 being the first of the black era Ts, does have several things peculiar to that one year. Very few 1917s are correctly restored, having used the much more common later pieces. A proper 1917 should be worth a bit more than any later black era T in comparable condition IF it has the proper 1917 parts. Otherwise, an improper 1917 is worth no more than any other 1919 through 1925 same body style and comparable condition model T.

Family issues forced me to sell all the good cars I had. All I have left is unfinished projects that weren't worth enough to sell. Maybe, if I live long enough, I can get the 1927 Paige done in time for its 100th year. Otherwise, I have an unfinished 1915 model T runabout, and an unfinished 1913 model T. I also have another model T project pile 1912 roadster and a 1913 Metz roadster project pile in very poor condition. I actually do not know exactly how old my earliest car is. I haven't yet been able to identify who built it! If you don't know who built it? You cannot know for certain when it was built. But nothing on it appears to be newer than about 1900, and all blacksmith type workmanship.

On 2/19/2021 at 8:19 PM, wayne sheldon said:

Ed L, Are you thinking of buying? For $12,000 USD a black era model T should have good paint throughout, nice upholstery, and a very nice top properly done. It should also be ready to jump in and drive on a significant local tour at least. A 1917 being the first of the black era Ts, does have several things peculiar to that one year. Very few 1917s are correctly restored, having used the much more common later pieces. A proper 1917 should be worth a bit more than any later black era T in comparable condition IF it has the proper 1917 parts. Otherwise, an improper 1917 is worth no more than any other 1919 through 1925 same body style and comparable condition model T.

Family issues forced me to sell all the good cars I had. All I have left is unfinished projects that weren't worth enough to sell. Maybe, if I live long enough, I can get the 1927 Paige done in time for its 100th year. Otherwise, I have an unfinished 1915 model T runabout, and an unfinished 1913 model T. I also have another model T project pile 1912 roadster and a 1913 Metz roadster project pile in very poor condition. I actually do not know exactly how old my earliest car is. I haven't yet been able to identify who built it! If you don't know who built it? You cannot know for certain when it was built. But nothing on it appears to be newer than about 1900, and all blacksmith type workmanship.

Hi Wayne. No I'm not looking at buying it. I feel it's overpriced as well!

My favorite 1915 Buick is 106. Will be 107 in October as it rolled off the production line in October of 1914. As 100 is the goal does that mean, as far as this thread is concerned, that anything over 100 would become a negative number. -6 1/2. Me, I'm 29 and holding. Holding anything I can, from 18 to 88, to prove I'm still a man. Dandy Dave!