FS 1916 Willys-Knight Model 84 Touring Car listed in BaT

The sleeve valve engine often scares buyers away due to their more complex operation.  If the selling price is reasonable it could be a good project for someone.  I have a sales brochure for one in my library and that’s as close as I will ever be to owning one, especially at this point in my life.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerryB said:

The sleeve valve engine often scares buyers away due to their more complex operation.  If the selling price is reasonable it could be a good project for someone.  I have a sales brochure for one in my library and that’s as close as I will ever be to owning one, especially at this point in my life.

I saw a working cut-away model of one.  That was enough to convince me it was out of my league.  A smart person is one who knows his/her limitations.

• Like 1

Good morning this is Dale in Ks. I do have one of those Willys-Knight working cut away model engines,I may think about selling if some collector was interested, I think they built them for the salesmen to carry with them around to the dealers to show how the sleeve valve engine works.  620 332 49three two /  dale.tharp@gmail.com. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

Speaking of complicated matters, high praise for the person who first designed that style of out-folding top many years ago.

Yes, they were good tops compared to the earlier just-irons tops which depended on straps to hold in place.  The top as pictured is not in the full upright position, pulling back on the middle bow would straighten out the side irons to be horizontal as they should be, and “locked” in place.

God made me king of the Sleeve Valve cutaway kingdom.   I was hoping to rule something a little bigger but I guess you take what you can get.

This was made for the auto shows.    It is big and heavy and not really transportable.

Ed made a crappy video before he crated for me, but it runs on a 120V plug and shows you all the strokes, along with the plug lighting up on ignition.   When I have it I'll post a video.

20200419_131648.jpg

20200419_131702.jpg

20200419_131734.jpg

• Like 3