Dale Walksler 1952-2021

Uncle_Buck

Dale Walksler, owner of the outstanding ‘Wheels Through Time’ museum in Maggie Valley, NC, passed away earler this week.  He was a wonderful asset to preserving our motoring history, both 2 and 4 wheeled, all carefully displayed at his his museum.  Dale lived his life by sharing his passion with any all, willingly and enthusiastically.

There is much on the web about Dale, however this well done tribute shows him in his element relishing in his passion.

https://youtu.be/9HYhlb99gA8

Gods speed Dale.

https://www.themountaineer.com/obituaries/dale-walksler/article_7be729f6-6af7-11eb-9cfc-7bb6da31e56a.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dale was a great guy and a true enthusiast. He was certainly one of this hobby's characters and will be missed by many including myself. The blue 1930 V-16 Cadillac three window coupe that I  advertised and sold on this website came from his museum and collection. Although he was primarily known for motorcycles, he also owned some great cars during his career as a collector. It was always an enjoyable-and entertaining- pleasure to do business with Dale. Sadly, these great old horse traders are gradually leaving this hobby.

Godspeed, old friend.

Edited by motoringicons (see edit history)

Dale was in the 1986 Great American Race and loaned his 1936 Harley Davidson to Wayne

Stanfield for the 1995 Ottawa to Mexico City Great Race.  Wayne finished second on the Harley as Driver and navigator, that Harley and Dales car from 1986 are still in the Museum

in Maggie Valley.   A great place to visit, I hope it survives.   I'll miss Dale.