WTB - 1938 Buick Bumpers & Running Boards

38Special40

Hello, I am 20 years old and restoring my first classic car. I am located in Central California. I am looking for the following arts for my 1938 Buick Special. I need front and rear bumpers, as well as the LH & RH running boards. I'm also interested in any interior components you may have. These parts include an Instrument Cluster, Dash Board Emblem, Radio Knobs / components, Clock (Dashboard,) window cranks and any other misc odds and ends you may have. The interior is bare bones unfortunately but I won't let it discourage me. I appreciate any help I can get! This is a father son project and we are excited to get this beautiful girl on the road. 

• Like 1

The most likely source for 1938 Buick parts that you are seeking is Mr. Dave Tacheny.  He can be reached by calling him at 763-427-3460. You should also consider joining the 36-38 Buick Club.  As an owner of a 1938 Buick, this information should be helpful to you. You can find out about the club at: http://www.3638buickclub.org/

• Like 2

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I will also mention that you can best reach Dave Tacheny between 4 and 7 pm Central time. I also agree you will benefit from joining the 36-38 Buick Club. If you will send me a private message on this site, or contact me through the email the webmaster link on the 36-38 Buick Club site and provide me with your email address, I will be happy to email you a sample .pdf copy of a recent 36-38 Buick Club newsletter.

There are additional members of the club who advertise parts for sale in the newsletter, some probably relatively close to you, but Dave Tacheny is always the first person I recommend. It is important to make a comprehensive list of what you need before you call Dave. He is old school, and deals by phone or mail, so it is important to have your list ready before you call to make it an efficient phone call. 

If you post your list of needed parts here, you will likely also find some of us have some extra parts that we would be willing to sell. I know I have some extra window handles, an extra 1938 radio or two (in need of restoration) and probably some other parts that you need. If you post some photos of your project, it will help those of us here on the forum to see what you have and better understand what you are missing or otherwise in need of. 

For reproduction parts, you will probably find these two vendors helpful: https://bobsautomobilia.com/  https://www.oldbuickparts.com/

There are also a couple of discussions on this forum that will probably be useful for you to read. Gary Wheeler's 1937 Special restoration and my 1938 Century restoration. You can find them at these links: 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MCHinson said:

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I will also mention that you can best reach Dave Tacheny between 4 and 7 pm Central time. I also agree you will benefit from joining the 36-38 Buick Club. If you will send me a private message on this site, or contact me through the email the webmaster link on the 36-38 Buick Club site and provide me with your email address, I will be happy to email you a sample .pdf copy of a recent 36-38 Buick Club newsletter.

There are additional members of the club who advertise parts for sale in the newsletter, some probably relatively close to you, but Dave Tacheny is always the first person I recommend. It is important to make a comprehensive list of what you need before you call Dave. He is old school, and deals by phone or mail, so it is important to have your list ready before you call to make it an efficient phone call. 

If you post your list of needed parts here, you will likely also find some of us have some extra parts that we would be willing to sell. I know I have some extra window handles, an extra 1938 radio or two (in need of restoration) and probably some other parts that you need. If you post some photos of your project, it will help those of us here on the forum to see what you have and better understand what you are missing or otherwise in need of. 

For reproduction parts, you will probably find these two vendors helpful: https://bobsautomobilia.com/  https://www.oldbuickparts.com/

There are also a couple of discussions on this forum that will probably be useful for you to read. Gary Wheeler's 1937 Special restoration and my 1938 Century restoration. You can find them at these links: 

Many thanks for the response! I'll send a PM within the week including a list items we are missing and I'll also post some detailed pics of our car. 

• Like 2