57 Roadmaster 75 Coupe!

Smartin

• 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 11:05 AM, Smartin said:

It’s a bummer this paint is all chipped up...

It's too far gone for brush touch-up, wet sanding and polishing?  Is it a basecoat/clearcoat?

It's a pearl tri-coat, and I would never be happy with the result if I was to just touch it up. 

Tri-coat means you have a base coat (white), then mid coat (pearl), and then clear.  Oddly enough, they used a hot and cool pearl color....which makes it look really weird.  So it's repaint time!  I'm going to try to squeeze it in sometime this Summer between customer cars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I’ve come to the realization that projects like this are not for me.  I have zero time for a job of this size that doesn’t pay 😬

With the 58 I bought a couple weeks ago, it will allow me to be able to enjoy the car while I tinker with it.  

So, that said, I am loosely assembling the big pieces of this car so I can sell it in the near future.  While assembling, I realized that there is a pretty significant amount of parts that are missing…and I’ll likely have to make some sort of deal for the parts car with the sale of the Roadmaster.

6EE8F077-C5FC-41C2-BF22-DD4663911496.jpeg

55FA6103-5F08-47CD-AE64-A36ABF3EFFF7.jpeg

• Like 2