‘37 C.E.— What are these?

When I recently purchased my unrestored ‘37, I was inventorying the random parts floating around in the cab, and found these. Can anyone identify them? Do they even go to this truck? And if they don’t... are they rare and worth millions of dollars? And if so, does anyone want to buy them?

A22D9908-83CE-41AE-A8F7-B8211266C5C4.jpeg

I would say those are pans that go underneath beside the engine, and the oval hole is probably for the exhaust to pass through. I couldn't even guess whether they are for a 37 C.E. or not.

I have a 1937 Dictator 6A and it included these pans that are located beside the engine and attach to the frame. The pan on the left fits on the right side of the engine(passenger side) and the right pan fit on the left or drivers side. The cutout is for the steering pitman arm to fit through. Check your frame for the hole. 

The @#&$! engine pans make it impossible to reach anything on the engine - like the fuel pump - from the bottom side, and in my M5 truck, you can’t reach much from the top. The real problem is having to disconnect the drag link to get the pan off and on.  Cutting the pan to let it come off without messing with the Pitman arm is one solution. 

The pans were probably left off when the cars got older

All my cars have come with engine pans

I left them off my Brooklands President and have no trouble with the cooling, my 35 Commander has them and I will be keeping them on my 29 President Victoria.

John

On 2/9/2021 at 8:19 AM, John DePrey said:

well, I bet most of them got tossed the first time they were removed. I wonder if I could make a set if I had a set to copy (mine are gone)... hint hint... or maybe at least i could draft up a set of blueprints. 

John— You’re welcome to borrow these for a short time to copy if you like...

• Like 1