Mystery Series 75 items - expanded quest

Narve N

When my buddy bought a 1929 Chrysler Series 75 DCP it came very disassembled and parts were scattered in boxes without much labeling. We have succeeded in identifying most stuff plus a few items that are not Series 75. However this part is puzzling. It looks period, but neither of us can identify its use. Anyone able to chime in?

20210205_122452.thumb.jpg.95661cd1b4714e7dffa6738371838e1c.jpg

20210205_122458.thumb.jpg.8e39947083225755a6964afaff9aa2a4.jpg

• 1 month later...

From the pictures I can't see if it has extra small holes.   It looks to me like a mount for the front brake hoses.  You can almost picture  a flat copper washer on each side of the large hole. Extra holes would rule this out.   I have seen this before on my 28,29 or 33 Plymouth.   The end of the front brake hose has a banjo end and bolts to the fitting with a flat copper washer on each  side.  A hollow bolt hold everything together and allows the brake fluid to pass.  The banjo end of the brake hose also a set of fingers which plug the fitting small holes  which keeps the hose from rotating by the force of the front wheels turning and pulling on the hose.

Edited by DFeeney (see edit history)

Seems the first item drew a blank and is likely no genuine Chrysler item.

How about this one? It is removed from a RHD Series 75 Sedan and I sort of remember it being secured to the center of front axle and steering  to (likely) act as a steering damper. None of the other Series 75s I have seen had anything like it, so possibly it is an aftermarket item. Can anyone identify it?

20210315_181705.thumb.jpg.fbb172e62ba7ba6bf1c79f3aee6ee055.jpg

• Narve N changed the title to Mystery Series 75 items - expanded quest