Hi,A man on Craigslist locally has a 68 Chevy c10 truck that has 72000 miles on it v8 three speed and he's asking $6500. I have a 74 MG that I paid about the same for with $69000 miles on it. He said he might trade.Anything I should know about on this year and model other than the usual stuff like rust? Thanks,Greg.It has a wood bed which I like.

Love my '69 C10 that might Dad bought new. It was a Six with the 3 on the tree shifter. I replaced the six with a 350 V8 and eventually the original 3 speed couldn't handle the power. The 3 on the tree failed and would hang up. I than replace the 3 speed with a 4 speed Sanganal which also eventually caved in due to the V8 tork. So I was able to find a Monsey 4 speed M20 (Rock Crusher) and a Hurst 4 Speed shifter that is perfect for the 350 V8 combination. Also the  original Rear gearing was a poor match and needed to be changed to make it drive able.  The suspension is Coil Spring on all corners which is a plus IMO but might be a problem if you carry a heavy load. My C10 is a short body 1/2 Ton.  

Watch out for rust in the firewall and area over the windshield - could be repaired but would be a bear.  Also other areas that are pretty standard to have rust is the floor, rockers, sills, and cab corners.  Great looking trucks with timeless beauty.  Enjoy!