1964/5 Special/Skylark Emblem Barrel Clips

Guest John Chapman

Guest John Chapman

Mark, et al,<P>I was able to find these clips at a local fastener supplier who had a very few (six). That's the good news. The bad news is that they are no longer manufactured and don't show in the current supplier catalog. <P>The item number you are looking for is from:<P>Au-ve-co Products<BR>7 Sperti Drive<BR>Covington, KY 41017 <P><BR><A HREF="http://www.auveco.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.auveco.com/</A> <P>Part # 2610 (Barrel Clip)<P>John<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dcm422@aol.com:<BR><B>If you decide to part it out, am looking for a decent day/night rear view mirror. No rubber trim, 8 inch and black twist knob.<BR>Also need the rectangular emblem clips that the emblems slide into on the sail panel and trunk. Not sure if the Special has the same ones as the Skylark.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Mark</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>------------------<BR>John Chapman<BR>BCA 35894<BR>1965 Skylark Convertible (Some Assembly Required)<BR> jmchapman@aol.com <p>[This message has been edited by John Chapman (edited 03-30-2001).]

John, <BR>Thanks, I will have to get hold of him and get a couple. So far I have only found one missing from the trunk lid. <P>Mark

These wouldn't be the little plastic things that go over the mounting pins on the emblems would they?<P>Sorry to butt in, but some iditot (before me. hah) removed the sail emblems, why I don't know, but he forgot to put a couple back, not to mention he forgot which way the emblems pointed. <g><P>Side question. Is it safe to remove them while you clean the top and sails? ie. is water/tide/simplegreen bad for the holes.<P>Again, sorry to butt in.<P>Many Thanks!<P>Scott<BR>

Scott,<BR>Your input is always welcome!<BR>The ones I am referring to are the rectangular metal ones that go into the sail panels and the trunk lid that the eblems slide into. Perhaps later ones are plastic.<BR>I haven't gotten the emblems off on my current 64, but still have the ones from my first one. The "Skylark" emblems have flat ends that slide into clips in the panels.<BR>The trunk lid on my car is missing one clip and everytime I polish the car the emblem flexes and I don't want to break it. Besides, with the clip out, I am sure some water gets in the trunk lid when I wash the car.<BR>If you can get them out (mine are in there tight) I don't see why not. Less chance of breaking them if you buff the car.<BR>The cleaners you mention should not hurt anything. <BR>Mark

• 2 years later...