spark plug question

RIVNIK

Ok.  Well did speak with a Bosch tech by phone and he had NO listing for 4236.  He could not tell me a thing about the 4236.  He did have the listing for 4036 that had been discontinued in 2016.  So anyone know what the difference is?

Art

I opened one of the four boxes of four I got today and took out a plug.  On the plug itself is the stamped WR9FP. No mention of a part #. 

4236 is only on the box.

Those numbers are stocking numbers. I've never noted a + on any of the plugs I've installed.

Then again I wasn't aware of that. Only the number on the plug of: WR9FP.

Searching here in Canada, I found 4 of these plugs at a motorcycle shop in Quebec City but didn't purchase because another 4 are unobtainum and have  been for quite some time. Like trying to find a 12" Switch Pitch Torque Converter here in 2021!

From Bosch:

image.png.020ba4b8cac15331e5600ceb0de2e3c1.png

• Like 1

Thanks John,

Found another chart that is easier to read.  It may not interest everyone, but here is what it all means

So a WR9FP (4236) is W=14mm x 1.25mm, hex is 21, R= Resistor plug, 9 heat range (06 to13) 13 being hottest, F= 9.5 thread length, P= platinum,

and WR9FP+ (4036) is the same as above except the + which means Super plus technology.  Per Bosch, the 4036 was identified as Bosch 4036 WR9FP+ Platinum Plus Spark Plug

So they are the same except the +, and we may never know what the Super Plus Technology is.

Art

318394475_Bosch_Numbering_System_WR9FPplug.jpg.2cd6c658ae93e4387597d08e840d940d.jpg

Normally as packaged they are between .038" or so to .041" as packaged.  I set most to .050". That is IF you have GOOD plug wires & NONE of the date coded repro junk.

You must be careful when setting the gap. Don't drag the gapper across the tip, middle of the plug as the platinum on the tip is very thin. Use a gapping tool is the best way. The nice thing about them is as you open the gap they don't get cockeyed.

Tom T.