Vintage Moog Suspension Catalog

Would someone have a vintage Moog suspension catalog covering the 1940's?  I'm interested in some part numbers for Pontiac and Packard. Also maybe some cross-references.

Thanks

I have lots of vintage auto parts catalogs, including Moog and several other brands of suspension and steering parts, in my library. 

What specifically are you trying to achieve? Do you have a bunch of parts that you need to ID so you can sell them...or are you trying to find the part numbers of parts you might find at a swap meet....or? 

Hi,  I'm looking for front suspension part number so I can search swap meets and  internet with the correct replacement numbers.  Moog and TRW I understand make

replacement parts.  Copies of the 1940's pages for Pontiac and Packard would be great.  Interchange would also be helpful.  

Thanks for the quick reply

Ok, understood. Do you have two cars you are working on...or more than that? 

Please give me the specific year and models that you seek. There are LOTS of catalogs to search through, and LOTS of listings within them. It could take quite a while to go through it all, especially if I'm seeking info for all the models and all of the 1940's years for those two brands of automobiles. And there are lots of brands of suspension catalogs in my library.

Importantly, the parts are not all purely interchangeable. For example, sometimes one manufacturer will make slight adjustments to a component, so it will fit more than one model...whereas another mfr will make two different parts. 

Also, are you looking for info on ALL suspension & steering parts? (Some of these catalogs have the parts scattered widely, so it could end up being a lot of researching, and a lot of copying). 

Once I can narrow this request down a bit and know more specifically what to look for, I'll check for that info. 

Edited by lump (see edit history)

I'm working on a 1941 pontiac torpedo 8 , and a 1946 packard clipper deluxe.  I would like  king pin, control arm pivot

and possibly tie rod end numbers. Photo of pages would be great.  Do you need my e-mail address?  I appreciate your help.  Thanks

2 hours ago, dallas2 said:

I'm working on a 1941 pontiac torpedo 8 , and a 1946 packard clipper deluxe.  I would like  king pin, control arm pivot

and possibly tie rod end numbers. Photo of pages would be great.  Do you need my e-mail address?  I appreciate your help.  Thanks

Now that is the kind of information request that folks are inclined to help with!

• Like 3
12 hours ago, dallas2 said:

Ok, NOW we have a more manageable research project. 

Most of my parts catalogs are in the attic at my office. I'll be back there Monday. I'll have a look, and see if I can get some catalog page copies for you, without launching a massive project. 

Have a nice weekend, and stay warm! 

For those vehicles -- you could spend years to TRY and find it at swap meets -- POSSIBLY one piece at a time -- and then , since it has been outside at car shows, the king pins are rusty and useless.

It would actually be quite a bit easier to order what you want, done deal, and away you go......

For that, you can call me -- and make your life easier !!!!!

Always best to simply call me --- Craig --- 516 - 485 - 1935.....New York....

Kanter Auto Products also has these parts on the shelf, as do a number of other vendors. I'll try to dig out some catalogs next week, but Monday is looking pretty busy, so it may be mid week. 

41 minutes ago, mobileparts said:

Depends on whether the o p wants to go U.S.A. or Chineseum reproductions.....

Well, I can't speak about other suppliers, but I've been in two massive warehouses at Kanter's, and they have the largest inventory of NOS aftermarket automotive mechanical parts I've ever seen. Tens of thousands of water pumps, carburetors, fuel pumps, brake parts, engine parts, etc, etc. They do reproduce some popular parts which sell out frequently...by necessity. But when they have the original old-stock parts available, that is much more economical for them to sell than to buy repro's. 

I assume that's the case with many such retailers. 

• Like 1

All their N.O.S. parts are the VERY picked over non necessary parts.

They could be thrown out for equal value.

They have nothing N.O.S. for a 1940's Pontiac -- those are long gone....

Now, if you are looking for a 1957 Rambler, that's another story...

You're welcome...

I try the buy MOOG parts for my suspension repairs. I have found that searching "MOOG and your make of car" on Ebay to be a pretty reliable source for both the parts and the part numbers. The vendors do their research well and you can double check them. Once you verify a number you can search by that alone.

A few years ago I put together a full front end rebuild of MOOG parts for my '48 Packard. Watching and buying selectively I put all the parts together for around $300.