1934 Reo, not mine

4 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I honestly don't know what you do with a car like this.   Even as a parts car I'm not sure there is a home for it.

May be an image of food and car

Drag it to my redneck hometown and park it in the front yard to impress the neighbors.....  tell them jay leno paid 1,000,000 dollars for one restored just like it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yes, I think it's priced fair for what is there.  

Storage lean sale will get you a clean title here in California, so that's not a problem.

Do the headlamps and hood inserts still exist?

How much wood in one of these?

9 hours ago, Neil G said:

I don't speak spanish but the car obviously is not for sale, the parts are, wheels, suspension, steering column etc

Translation:

Details Condition Used - Fair Reo parts 1934 -Complete suspension -Rims and tires 5 wheels -Column -Motor -Transmission -Differential -Everything goes complete for project can fit a 1930-1936 Chevy -I ask for 1600 dlls-

Still not to coherent

On 2/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, hwellens said:

Translation:

Details Condition Used - Fair Reo parts 1934 -Complete suspension -Rims and tires 5 wheels -Column -Motor -Transmission -Differential -Everything goes complete for project can fit a 1930-1936 Chevy -I ask for 1600 dlls-

Still not to coherent

a coherent car for sale ad is hard to find in any language 😉

• Like 1

There was a similar one of these at Hershey two Octobers ago. I believe it was in the unrestored section of the car show, and it was white in color; had the Self-Shifter transmission, which is an odd lever that looks like an emergency brake handle, under the center of the dashboard. Those cars were ahead of their time, yet don't get much respect.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Seller said that car is not for sale, just motor, transmission, suspension, wheels and other parts.

Another one lost.

8 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

There was a similar one of these at Hershey two Octobers ago. I believe it was in the unrestored section of the car show, and it was white in color; had the Self-Shifter transmission, which is an odd lever that looks like an emergency brake handle, under the center of the dashboard. Those cars were ahead of their time, yet don't get much respect.

REO developed the Self-Shifter with the objective of not only equipping their own cars with this advanced feature but also to produce and supply it to other automakers.  Being the depth of the Depression, after shopping it to a number of other companies, there were no takers since none perceived the need for such as they were already having enough trouble selling their cars as equipped.   Ironically, the year after REO quit building cars altogether to concentrate on trucks, in June 1937, Oldsmobile introduced their 'Automatic Safety Transmission' which Buick picked up for 1938.  Oldsmobile would get the first Hydra-Matics for 1940, Cadillac the next year.   Seems poor REO was just a bit too soon to the party...