Bragg Kleisrath Brake Booster

I'm restoring a 1929 Reo Flying Cloud with Bragg Kleisrath brake booster and a vacuum control unit. I have never worked on Bragg Kleisrath product and need all the information I can get. Google did not help much (found some parts at straight-eight.com), so I hope someone here in this forum can help. Looking for drawings, parts list and other relevant information. Pictures of a Bragg Kleisrath brake booster and vacuum controler installed in a Reo Flying Cloud (or othes) would be greate. Thanks.

Edited by The Norwegian (see edit history)

Looking for information is easy....there isn't any that I have seen in 40 years. They were used by Lincoln, Reo, and a bunch of others(mostly trucks). They tend to be different for every application I have ever seen. Some are pot metal, others are steel. They can be held togeather with rivets or screws.....Basically.......you are on your own. We made a new leather piston seal for one twenty years ago. Be carful disassembling them as they can crack easily. Besides what they have for sale on Straight-eight, nothing is available. 

B-K was bought out by Bendix about 1933-34.  Bendix was providing service information thru the early 60s when i wrote them and received a service manual for the unit in my 1934 Packard, so information is out there.  B-K also published service manuals which I've seen occasionally at larger flea markets like Rhinebeck NY.   And many of the service parts have been reproduced and are available from whomever took over that business from Classic & Exotic in Troy, MI.  I hope this is helpful.

If these don’t come out readable PM me your email address and I will send larger pictures. It’s from a correspondence course book on automotive maintenance and explains the system. Sometimes knowing how it’s supposed to work is 90% of fixing it...

BEEC61AE-EDD0-4A93-BAA9-75D491982A16.jpeg

568CA051-E64C-404F-80CB-292E8EDF0668.jpeg

64B05644-EF72-4FF0-BAC0-0055BC02D6B1.jpeg

CD8CDDE9-F1D5-4949-A123-4391C44A9660.jpeg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

If these don’t come out readable PM me your email address and I will send larger pictures. It’s from a correspondence course book on automotive maintenance and explains the system. Sometimes knowing how it’s supposed to work is 90% of fixing it...

BEEC61AE-EDD0-4A93-BAA9-75D491982A16.jpeg

568CA051-E64C-404F-80CB-292E8EDF0668.jpeg

64B05644-EF72-4FF0-BAC0-0055BC02D6B1.jpeg

CD8CDDE9-F1D5-4949-A123-4391C44A9660.jpeg

Neat book........what is it? Problem is many of the boosters are significantly different from make to make and across the years. I have never seen the style unit in the above book. Most that I have come across were newer and simpler versions. Grate post. 

20 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Neat book........what is it? Problem is many of the boosters are significantly different from make to make and across the years. I have never seen the style unit in the above book. Most that I have come across were newer and simpler versions. Grate post. 

“Studebaker co-operative service training” book by the “Motor Institute of America” copyright 1931.

When I bought it, I was hoping it was Studebaker company stuff only as I thought it would be a great PA reference. Then it arrived and it covered a lot of ground but by explaining the workings of each style system and adjustments by component area. It’s not set up by specific make but still catching each style of component system. That said, as an engineer you can see where suddenly it’s become a much more valued set of books in my garage... best $50 I’ve ever spent on a textbook 

• Like 2