Tenn.: Denton's Auto Parts, New Market

Rusty Heaps

Denton's Auto Parts , 2366 West Hwy25 & 70, New Market, TN37820. 865-933-7370. the owner, Clark, is in his 80s and doesn't believe that people are buying junk parts any more. I'm afraid he may close the yard, which could mean the crusher for the cars that are there. Unfortunately the majority of the cars are located in a wooded area which isn't kind to sheet metal. Most are from the '40s through the '70s. He doesn't let you wander, but only takes you to the vehicle type you need parts for. He's a bit guarded with his yard. Be prepared to pack a lunch and spend some time socializing with him before expecting to pick parts, he has some interesting stories to tell and enjoys the company, be sincere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The third picture, of the pic of the rear of the  white car, brought back memory's.  I haven't seen one for many years.

As a young pup, I actually rode in one of those cars.  I remember being amazed at how different everything, about that car was.

How many recognize, those tail lights?

intimeold    

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2021 at 6:44 PM, intimeold said:

The third picture, of the pic of the rear of the  white car, brought back memory's.  I haven't seen one for many years.

As a young pup, I actually rode in one of those cars.  I remember being amazed at how different everything, about that car was.

How many recognize, those tail lights?

intimeold    

Is it an Olds?

11 hours ago, Morgansdad said:

No, not an Olds. 

Hint! The only thing this make of automobile has with Oldsmobile; is that both makes are orphans.  

I'll  send you a PM; don't want to spoil the hunt for anybody still chasing this

6 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Wrong genera for me,I guess.

Ben, the  guys in the photo were a very popular band in the '60s-'70s and the first guy in the photo has the same name as the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Ben, the  guys in the photo were a very popular band in the '60s-'70s and the first guy in the photo has the same name as the car.

I think the hint, helped some.

We had fun with that one.

intimeold

Spent some time visiting with Clark Denton, the owner of Denton’s Auto Parts. He’ Convinced that no one is buying old car parts and as he is swiftly approaching 85 years old, he is considering closing down. He said that he is no longer able to walk the yard any more. The fate of a few hundred cars could be unpleasant for those of us who are still searching for parts. I therefore ask you to call or visit him with requests for parts. Otherwise we may lose another yard. Unless one of you would like to make him a fair offer and be the proud owner of a Tennessee junkyard. 

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

You are correct, it is Sonny’s. Sonny passed away a couple of years ago and his brother runs the place now. He isn’t as knowledgeable about the old stock as his brother was. Yes, it is in Blaine, TN . 1375 Smith Hollow Rd. Yes, you can roam the yard. Pull your own parts. Even purchase a basket case with bill of sale should you find one that has enough parts to merit such. Don’t expect Chevrolet older than 1960, the older ones are gone. Nor Pontiac or Oldsmobile of the 50s, 1 and 2 respectively. He has several Fords, a couple of dozen Buicks, a few Cadillacs, some orphans, all from the ‘50s, and a good showing of muscle car era. Bring plenty of tools, insect repellent, and possibly mud shoes. Also a small pail during blackberry season. Do expect to bleed for your parts. Much of what you see in the photos are blackberries. They’re open Monday through Saturday. 

E88E1CBD-E252-4FA3-83EA-C53294E10330.jpeg

D5305B3B-8129-435A-8E87-9AF180E2088A.jpeg

C57E08EE-91ED-4D9D-A4FA-789236872690.jpeg

065BA914-7E8F-4A25-B858-A1F3A488CA91.jpeg

90F0A491-C897-4025-AC92-CCC7C9EB4E63.jpeg

Edited by Rusty Heaps (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Tenn.: Denton's Auto Parts, New Market
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2021 at 4:00 AM, Ronnie said:

I know. Here is a little hint.

Screenshot_2021-02-25 Crosby, Stills, Nash Young - Woodstock.png

Crossley?  Wasn’t it Crossley, Stills and Nash ? Then Young? 

Yeah I know, Crosby with a B 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

4 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

Crossley?  Wasn’t it Crossley, Stills and Nash ? Then Young? 

Yeah I know, Crosby with a B 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Nash.

The group was called Crosby, Stills and Nash but the guys in the photo are
from left to right: Graham Nash, Stephen Stills and David Crosby.

Screenshot_2021-02-25 Crosby, Stills, Nash Young - Woodstock.png

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...