For Sale: 1964 Ford Thunderbird hardtop - $8,200 - Murray, NE - Not Mine - Still available, $8,500 April 2021

For Sale: 1964 Ford Thunderbird hardtop - $8,200 - Murray, NE - Still available, $8,500 April 2021 - see link below,

1964 Ford Thunderbird - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1964 Ford Thunderbird. White with black interior, 390 automatic with power steering.  Extensive work completed and is all documented and available for review.  New tires and brakes, $8,200.00.  odometer: 82,000

Contact:  Jay  call or text:  (402) 3-0-one-one-six-3-7  for more details or email rogerh@greomaha for more photos.

Copy and paste in your email:  0f0719251b553ec19c8a39a9d47ac91f@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Ford Thunderbird hardtop.

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA a.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA b.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA c.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA d.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA e.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA f.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA g.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA h.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA i.jpg

'64 Ford Thunderbird IA j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still available, $8,500 April 2021 (see edit history)
  • Like 2
12 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Never been a fan of T-Birds though it seems nice. I would suggest a good cleaning though. 

I agree, an afternoon cleaning up the interior and exterior would make the car more appealing. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Never been a fan of T-Birds though it seems nice. I would suggest a good cleaning though. 

I've owned a few 64-66 T-Birds, they are really nice cars, plenty of power, comfortable, and well mannered on the road.  Not the most exciting cars around, but a good one if you like to drive.

I love these cars, and have one of this generation. As trimacar says, they're powerful - with fairly high top speeds for the era - but not very quick at all. They're pretty structurally robust - an early unibody car for Ford that was (from what I've read) overbuilt, and therefore heavy and not very quick.

A lot 1950's and '60's American cars were dramatically styled, and that approach succeeds with some cars more than others. I personally think this car is strikingly attractive - and I remember them mostly being perceived that way by the car buying public back in the 60's. I was surprised to find there are a fair number of people who don't like the looks however, and that may be why the prices are lower than other cars of the era. The low price is part of the reason I own one. The low prices could also be because they don't have the muscle car performance people think they should. There are really just a sporty looking luxury car, and little more. Were never intended to be performance cars.

This car has been for sale for about a year at that dealership, I think. Imagine how quickly it would sell at that price and condition if it was a '65 Chevelle or Impala with a 2bbl 283 and powerglide. Probably a matter of hours. But that's what makes it possible for me to own some of these really cool old cars.

• Like 1

JamesR, you put it a lot better than I did.  Yes, one thing I remember is how solid and robust these cars feel.  Doors seem a foot thick.  And correct, big engine but not a drag racer in any way shape or form.  Just a great, comfortable cruiser.

• Like 1
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Ford Thunderbird hardtop - $8,200 - Murray, NE - Not Mine - Still available, $8,500 April 2021