For Sale: 1963 Studebaker Lark Cruiser, 10k original miles!!!! - $16,500 - Hayward / Castro Valley, CA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Studebaker Lark Cruiser, 10k original miles!!!! - $16,500 - Hayward / Castro Valley, CA

1963 Studebaker 10k orig miles!!!! - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Beautiful 1963 Studebaker Lark Cruiser, Documented 10,854 original miles, 289 V8 engine, automatic, power steering, car cover.  Previously owned by the president of the Studebaker Club.  Must see this vintage classic car to appreciate.

Copy and paste in your email:  ee0ef09674713a24a9e7714eec37b0f4@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Studebaker Lark Cruiser sedan. 

Note:  This Cruiser has the optional broadcloth seat upholstery that was only offered for 1963 and 1964 on the Cruiser.  It came in this blue, a green, rose-beige and iirc, a medium red.  Broadcloth was also optionally available in the Lincoln Continental sedan, Imperial LeBaron and standard in the Cadillac Fleetwood 75.    As wonderfully elegant as the seat in this Cruiser look in button-and-biscuit broadcloth, its contrast glaringly with the cheap-'n-cheesy heat-seamed vinyl door panels.

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA a.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA b.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA c.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA d.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA e.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA f.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA g.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA i.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA h.jpg

'63 Studebaker Lark Cruiser CA j.jpg

I also wonder if the original broadcloth has been replaced with a later velour, it does appear a bit too shiny. 

To answer your second question about the matching door panels: no, Studebaker only had the broadcloth upholstery optional on the seats, the door panels didn't come in matching material, just the 'luxurious' heat-seamed vinyl you see here.  Not a completely thought-out package from the marketing department.

Here is a link to the Studebaker Drivers Club discussion of the broadcloth interior option:

Broadcloth Upholstery - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

Edited by 58L-Y8
Added SDC link (see edit history)

I had one in 65 , Rose/Beige. It had 13000 miles on it when I got it, original in every way.

It did NOT have that upholstery on the seats.

It was a 289 with overdrive and 4.10 gears.

Very quick , my brother kept buying cars to try and out run it.

Rust destroyed it , but it was a neat car while I had it. Just the right size.

Edited by roysboystoys (see edit history)

I am also confused by the idea that the seat fabric is "broadcloth."  Broadcloth, in my experience, is a tightly-woven wool fabric.  This looks more like a synthetic velour.  But I'm no expert.  Otherwise, this looks like a nice driver, maybe a bit on the pricey side.

• Like 1