16 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

There is a lot of wood in these cars. If they only bring 15,500 at auction. Buying one done is the way to go.

I had my '30 restored, and can say with painful certainty you are right. 

That blue one is not nearly as nice.  Painted bumpers,  the interior is not nearly as nice, as are other things like wood graining. Even the instrument cluster is corroded.   Wrong hood ornament as well of course and that's just the few things I saw right off the bat.  Probably 5,000 or so to make it as good,  maybe more if you want to get picky on the interior as you would have to redo it. 

27 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

That blue one is not nearly as nice.  Painted bumpers,  the interior is not nearly as nice, as are other things like wood graining. Even the instrument cluster is corroded.   Wrong hood ornament as well of course and that's just the few things I saw right off the bat.  Probably 5,000 or so to make it as good,  maybe more if you want to get picky on the interior as you would have to redo it. 

Good points. Beyond the color being correct, I didn't give it a good look. It seems like '30 46s coupes pop up for sale every 6 months, which is surprising to me. Here's another one:

Edited by Car-Nicopia (see edit history)

The inside of that one looks nice but the exterior paint looks pretty shaky. Downright rough.,  like rattle can in a few places.  I agree the Blue color is better than that very light cream, but the overall quality still seems to be much nicer. 

• Like 1

You're right, the blue one is in much worse shape. The brown fenders and grill on the other one would make it a non-starter for me. My car is a similar shade of cream, so I'm partial to that color.

Of course, the lack of a choke knob would make the blue one a non-starter, literally. ☺️

Edited by Car-Nicopia (see edit history)
  • Haha 1