For Sale: Supercharged 1962 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible - No Rust - $8,000 - Colorado Springs, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: Supercharged 1962 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible - No Rust - $8,000 - Colorado Springs, CO

Supercharged 1962 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible - No Rust - cars &... (craigslist.org)

Old school Corvair, early model, running, driving, stopping. It has a period correct vintage Judson supercharger kit with all the goodies, including a Marvel Mystery Oil automatic oiler. Runs and drives great. Brakes were recently done, so they’re in great shape. The Powerglide transmission sometimes slips when cold. Retro sound radio with working speakers.  No rust. No bubbling paint. This is clearly an old restoration, and the body is immaculate. The paint is flaked here and there, but there’s no bubbling or rust as far as I can tell. A few tiny dents here and there, but generally very straight. It’s a great little cruiser.

Copy and paste in your email:  1220f4a1f65f3340a5bfa29692b946e3@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of the Supercharged 1962 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible.

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO a.jpg

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO b.jpg

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO c.jpg

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO d.jpg

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO e.jpg

'62 Corvair Monza 900 Convertible CO f.jpg

• Like 1

Very cool car with what I presume is a very rare period mod. Have no idea whether the price is right or not, but I like it.

How much horsepower would a Corvair engine in reasonable condition with that supercharger make?

9 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I wonder about a Powerglide with a supercharger but maybe that is just me.

When I saw the blower I assumed a Monza.    Some of these cars has some great details in print "Convertible, 4 speed, turbo", etc,   but they are ugly.    I'm shocked that GM couldn't do better on the styling, as Porche did with the similar underpinnings.

You could get a 409 Chevy in 1962 so they knew how to make a power glide that could take some power, how much of that went into this car I wouldn't know, but we are not talking about power that pulls you back in the seat like a 409.  It might be a bit more useful for the super charger than a four speed that interrupts the power cycle through shifting more often.  Jim43

If not for the fact that car was available with a factory turbo the Judson add on would be pretty cool.    I like period speed equipment,  but in this case the factory car would probably be a lot faster...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 5:08 PM, jim43 said:

You could get a 409 Chevy in 1962 so they knew how to make a power glide that could take some power, how much of that went into this car I wouldn't know, but we are not talking about power that pulls you back in the seat like a 409.  It might be a bit more useful for the super charger than a four speed that interrupts the power cycle through shifting more often.  Jim43

409 didn't offer the power glide until 1963 and then it was only on the 340hp engine.