Censorship ?

Morgansdad

I'm sure I will be removed from this site for this post and that's fine. I found this site almost a year ago while I was looking for help with my Model A. Have had plenty of help with most of my questions. I want to thank all who reached out to help me.   I believe the Moderators job is likened to a peace keeper. The Moderator should be neutral in their decisions. A few days ago, a thread I was following was warned that there was to be no politics involved. I didn't and don't post things that are political because I know there are people who want things their way or they won't have anything to do with it. The post was removed shortly later. Then there was another post which was about a certain political figures automobiles. There were several posts added to this thread. Then a little later another thread was started about a another political figures car.  Then the first thread was removed ( I'm guessing the moderator thought the thread was political). After over 100 posts to the second thread I see that thread is still available for all to see. I came to this site because I felt like it was a well run site. I guess someone with a little authority makes the decision for all. Kind of like what's going on in the real world right now. Thank you and good bye !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Morgansdad said:

... I believe the Moderators job is likened to a peace keeper. The Moderator should be neutral in their decisions.

...I came to this site because I felt like it was a well run site. I guess someone with a little authority makes the decision for all. Kind of like what's going on in the real world right now. Thank you and good bye !

I don't agree. Moderators try to follow the forum rules and use common sense when deciding what needs to be removed. I removed one of the threads you refer to because it wasn't about antique automobiles. The first post only contained a link to a four year old article about a politician's personal preference in automobiles. The article was focused on the person more than the cars. The same could be said for the direction posts in that thread were going. My decision to remove that thread had nothing to do with the name used in the title. It was based on the content of the posts.

Many times threads and posts are removed before things get out of hand so the moderators won't have to be peace keepers.  That was the case when I removed that thread.  Sorry if you feel like that is censorship but that is what is required to maintain a well run site like you were seeking when you came here.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Posting pictures of politician's antique or collector car's is one thing, but discussing their politics should be done elsewhere. I for one think the moderators have done a good job at keeping the peace and keeping the discussions about automobiles and related subjects. Thank you moderators and the A.A.C.A.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You agree to the terms of service when you join a website, be it this one, twitter, whatever. Posts and people who choose to ignore that are not being censored, they have violated their contract and are paying the price that results from their own actions. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Periodically I will be reading a thread here and somebody just can’t help themselves and has to take it in a political direction. I’m sure some of you have the same reaction I do which is “here we go again”......

there’s nothing wrong with having political views, I’m sure we all have them.  I look at this site as a place to actually get away from all of that for a while. I don’t know if I would agree with every decision the moderators make, but I do know one thing for sure, I would not want to be a moderator on this site. I’m grateful for what they do.

• Like 10