Has anyone sold a car through Hemmings on line Auctions?

John348

Terry, it was not all that clear on their website as to how it works. I called them up on Friday and apparently the seller submits the ad, description, and photos, and then they try to find a price that they and the seller feel is a fair market value. They re-write the ad.  I think I will give it a go, I need to make some room for this 54 Chevy I picked up, so it looks like my 50 is going to have to go off to a new home.   

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I made it part way through the process when I decided I didn’t want the reserve they suggested.  It wasn’t bad, just too low for me.  I filled out the basic form, then they sent me a detailed questionnaire (which they use to write the actual listing).  I was next supposed to get the photos they needed (tough to do in the winter, but they will wait).  You don’t pay anything until it goes up for sale, and if it doesn’t sell, it rolls over to a standard Hemmings ad for some time.  They don’t arrange payment, that’s up to the buyer and seller.  They only take cars with good titles, which makes sense.

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John348 said:

Terry, it was not all that clear on their website as to how it works. I called them up on Friday and apparently the seller submits the ad, description, and photos, and then they try to find a price that they and the seller feel is a fair market value. They re-write the ad.  I think I will give it a go, I need to make some room for this 54 Chevy I picked up, so it looks like my 50 is going to have to go off to a new home.   

I got my weekly $10 allowance from the Mrs today and since Covid has kept me at home so much I’ve been able to parlay that up to about $1000 (don’t tell her, ok?) so I’ll open the bidding at $100 when you post your car😀.  Hope it goes well, that 54 is a beauty!

• Like 1

John348, our friend Jerry just sold his 41 Lincoln on the Hemmings auction site. It did not bring reserve, but a day later a guy called him that had bid on it and offered him what he wanted. Jerry was satisfied with the whole deal and talked about how helpful the Hemmings folks were.

• Like 1