Florida Packards

RO

I read in the PAC Newsletter where it appears another Packard Club will be introduced in Florida. Florida currently has just the one based on the southwest coast in Sarasota and because of population increase (exponentially I'd say) and the distances involved, a motion was made for an additional club. Have not found any inofrmation on where, but I would suspect north/central Florida perhaps to cover the Jax/Orlando areas but perhaps it's just across the state on the southeast coast. Anyone have any additional information?

Additional information: the new Florida PAC club is on the east coast of Florida. The "west coast" club A/K/A The Florida PackardClub, is probably the biggest Pac Club with approximately 288 members. The new club has about 60. There is no club located in the panhandle region of the state. (For Texans only: Yes, Forida also has a panhandle.)

I believe it's located in the Boca Raton area but I could be wrong, but not by much. Their president is Frank Childs who lives in Jupiter (no, not the planet). His home telephone number is 561-625-9070 if you're interested. Tell him Ed Miller says hello.

Steve,

No Steve, Its a Suburb of Atlanta, GA., or is it? What is becoming seemingly True about Florida is that its become somewhat of Northern State in the Deep South.

Just think of this, all these Northerners with their Packards will have taken over an Area of Florida for their own. Pretty soon, these same Packard people will have their own Gated Community, Packardia, with street names like, Super 8 Way and Patrician Blvd. A sign outside Town says "Welcome to Packardia","Ask the People Who Own One".

Bob

Now Now Gentleman. Let us not not be trite. Just because we decided to leave a frozen waste land and take up residence in the sunny south........

Of course there are parts of Florida where English is a foreign language

Yep, population doubles in the winter with snowbirds. So, the new Packard Club we believe is on the gold coast, just across the state from the Sarasota-based club. Those poor Packard folks from Jacksonville and Orlando will now have to decide to go southeast or southwest.