1963 Dynaflow-FREE

RivNut

The guy who runs the shop where I take my cars asked me today if I knew of anyone who would want a Dynaflow from a 1963 Riviera. The Riviera owner had the shop do an overdrive transmission swap. Neither the car owner nor the shop owner wants the transmission.  It's free only if you haul it off.  It's sitting in the shop for another couple of months before it goes to the scrap metal guy.  The shop is in Merriam, KS, a part of the Kansas City, MO metro. Let me know something if you're interested. Here or via PM.

Thanks,

Ed

• Like 1

If Kansas is too far I have one in New York between Buffalo and Rochester, same price. It has been in my cellar for 35 years now. It's from a LeSabre.

I keep looking at it thinking I could disassemble it and sell the bits on Ebay. Right now it is doing duty as a base for resistance tubes for a home gym. And it does an excellent job at that.  But I can make an alternative.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 11:18 AM, 60FlatTop said:

Right now it is doing duty as a base for resistance tubes for a home gym.

I hate to quote myself but I remembered this comment while I was in the cellar today. (No basement in an 1853 house).

Just so's you don't get the idea I make flippant remarks.

012.thumb.JPG.b07b2cc7c67a873dc9b4f170c511e99c.JPG

• Haha 1

On 1/26/2021 at 10:25 PM, RivNut said:

only if you haul it off.  It's sitting in the shop for another couple of months before it goes to the scrap metal guy.  The shop is in Merriam, KS, a part of the Kansas City, MO metro. Let me know

Ed, I wonder the round trip cost from Lutherville Md out and back? It would be a fun trip for sure.

16 hours 40 minutes drive time, 1090 miles.  ONE WAY.  Before doing that, If you think you really need another one, I'd look to see what's closer.  2180 miles @ 15 mpg would be 45 - 50 gallons of gas @ ~ $2.25 / gallon = ~$115 for fuel.  A couple of nights on the road at a Motel 6 would be another $100.  I don't know how much of what you eat but food would be $$$.  

I'll put it this way.  I wouldn't do it if were something free on your end.  But you're welcome here for a night if that's your plan.

Did you grab those cast knock offs from FB Riviera Parts?