Mystery roadster

nzcarnerd

Posted on a facebook page as a Studebaker President - which it is not.

The moulding done the side of the cowl suggests something GM but nothing matches.

Looks to have five lug wheels which limits the field.

Hints of LaSalle - but no.

Maybe one of the more obscure US makes? - Hupmobile, Graham, Jordan, Gardner or similar - There must be one I have missed.

May be an image of car

The sheet metal suggests to me a "mash-up". Note clean lines of hood/cowl and the sweeping curve on top of cowl, reminiscent of late 20's LaSalle and some others circa 1930. However, that door and partial rear quarter panel seems to come from something else, and there appears to be a golf club door. The curved molding detail at front edge of door is unusual. 2 part windshield suggest it is not much later than 1925/26.

2 minutes ago, Gunsmoke said:

The sheet metal suggests to me a "mash-up". Note clean lines of hood/cowl and the sweeping curve on top of cowl, reminiscent of late 20's LaSalle and some others circa 1930. However, that door and partial rear quarter panel seems to come from something else, and there appears to be a golf club door. The curved molding detail at front edge of door is unusual. 2 part windshield suggest it is not much later than 1925/26.

Hadn't noticed the windshield til now.

The wheels suggest a date of 1928 or so, although I can't see whether they are well base or the lock ring type that my '29 Studebaker uses.

IMG_0537 resize 281220.JPG

While I cannot come up with an exact match, I think it could be a 26-7 Studebaker Erskine made for export. That hood to cowl design is very similar and the side of the cowling looks more like the coupe/cabriolet designs...

Might be a very early example???

Edited by Mark Wetherbee (see edit history)