can temperature and oil pressure gauges be fixed??

Hello all, I was by a fella the other day, who made a resto-rod out of a 1932 Chevrolet sedan.  I was there to buy up his left over parts. When he pulled the dash parts out, he snipped the water temp and oil pressure gauge lines , sigh. Does anyone repair these?  the gauges look in nice shape. I have both ends. I did get an original armored ignition switch/cable so it wasn't a total lost...

Yes they can be fixed and someone will be along with a name of the shops that do those repairs.  There have been many posts about it so you could try searching, might get lucky. Ply 33 also posted instructions on how to do it yourself, I think on the Plymouth forum. 

The Filling Station use to have new ones but I could not find them on their site, you might give them a call.

Good Luck

Dave

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)
  • Like 1

in regards to old Chevrolet and others, yes there are people that do these items. jsut had my 1930 water temp guage rebuilt by a highly recommended fellow. was about 3 weeks total from the time i shipped it to him to the time it was ack on my porch. there are details and info in my 1930 Chevrolet Thread on here under projects ;)

as for the oil pressure gauge, snipping the line has no relevance like the water temp line (capillary) as long as the gauge is not damaged ;)

• Like 1

Roy Martin is "The Temperature Gauge Guy", took over for the previous guy.  He can fix the temperature gauge, probably the oil pressure gauge, too.  Contact info:

172 Laurel Hill Drive

S. Burlington, VT 05403

802-862-6374

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Brad in Wisconsin said:

...made a resto-rod....pulled the dash parts out, he snipped the water temp and oil pressure gauge lines

Stupid is as stupid does. Then guys who do things like that wonder why we call them butchers and hacks.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gary_Ash said:

Roy Martin is "The Temperature Gauge Guy", took over for the previous guy.  He can fix the temperature gauge, probably the oil pressure gauge, too.  Contact info:

172 Laurel Hill Drive

S. Burlington, VT 05403

802-862-6374

Roy is the guy that recently did the Temperature Gauge on my 1930 Chevrolet. New Line & Bulb !!

2067575059_TempgaugeFace.jpg.c2ce786d023dd1a3dcdb010f3b9a6ab3.jpg

535646070_OldTempgaugeBulb.jpg.a243fd1e19d2c487f1ff102fa6712ec7.jpg

60611853_NewTempGauge.jpg.db9a2bd3438cfddf1620e1db9c0c67f2.jpg

309514309_RoyMartinTheTemperatureGaugeGuy.jpg.cacb4f18af995cdc6be83188b73c651c.jpg

works great, i did the heated water test to see where the gauge was at certain temps ;) 

• Like 1

Being in Michigan when I restored the gauge panel for my 1931 Buick project I sent the temp gauge to Bob's Speedometer.  They repaired the Bourdon tube in the gauge head, replaced the sensing bulb and calibrated the gauge.  $175.

https://www.bobsspeedometer.com/

IP 0060.jpg

IP 0063.jpg

IP 0065.jpg

Edited by Str8-8-Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 1