"Kindly contact Hall in texas..."

JonW

1 hour ago, Peter Gariepy said:

Report it instead of posting here. It will be addressed.

I think both should be done: Report, then Post.  That way, site "officialdom" is notified and Forum members are made aware of another possible scam.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 4

2 hours ago, capngrog said:

I think both should be done: Report, then Post.  That way, site "officialdom" is notified and Forum members are made aware of another possible scam.

Cheers,

Grog

No. I disagree. It will clog up the main forum if you do. Or post it in forum support.

spam is rampant. Buyer Beware. ALWAYS! And consider using common sense before sending anyone money.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Peter Gariepy said:

No. I disagree. It will clog up the main forum if you do. Or post it in forum support.

spam is rampant. Buyer Beware. ALWAYS! And consider using common sense before sending anyone money.

So you are saying this extra thread to warn us of a spammer is going to clog up the forum?   🤣

Edited by TexasJohn55 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This particular type of scam has been around for a long time, but is rampant in forums right now. The false names and locations change often, but the M.O. does not.

Some other forums I visit have had big red warnings at the top of the front page, and sticky threads about it. People don't read. They get scammed anyway. It would be nice if you could effectively warn people somehow, but right now the warnings would probably outnumber car threads.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

2 hours ago, TexasJohn55 said:

So you are saying this extra thread to warn us of a spammer is going to clog up the forum?   🤣

Hmmm.......... , yeah, TexasJohn. That is exactly the first thought that crossed my mind too. I didn’t think we were that tight on “space” here. I do try to limit my posting of pictures unless kind of necessary to make a point. Also, some of the newer ladies and gentlemen here have not seen pictures of my scrap yet. But a short warning post of a nasty predator could save one of the good guys from a bad guy. Thieves ? Maybe those Arabian folks have something right. Don’t they cut the hand of the thief ? I despise thieves.   -   Carl 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, capngrog said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly, Grog.

Evil would love to be left alone, unexposed,

so it can continue to lie and steal.

When a scammer's fake name is announced,

sometimes we'll see a forum member reply that

"I also heard from that guy.  Thanks for the alert."

That member may have just saved hundreds of dollars.

Exposure is absolutely necessary.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, padgett said:

Jim (Chaparrals) is still living in Texas.

Oh yeah ? Don’t forget the line from the song : “ All my ex’s live in Texas, that’s why I hang my hat in Tennessee” .  I really love cruising and exploring both Texas and Tennessee. Wish I could do more of it.  -   Carl 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got another.  I was all excited because it was a response to my Stromberg WTB ad, but then I nearly tossed my computer out the window when I read it..... he didn't even clean up the font.  Nothing I hate worse than a lazy spammer.  Even worse than an enthusiastic spammer with a strong work ethic and "go get'em" attitude.  They are as useful as an appendix transplant.  

spam.thumb.png.782896a3667d105030a2fda5f1faf822.png

People repeat the old adage "Crime does not pay".  But other people are still trying

to prove the old adage to be wrong.   It's a sad truth, even more so in this internet world.

Another one is "There's a sucker born every second" which the scammers count on.

Kindly contact Hall in Texas with email address, hallholmes01@ ...... is also on the CLC forum by Hamg with O post.  I reported him to the administrator there.

Here on the AACA he is Kimber72 with 6 post with the same email address but in Mississippi. I reported him here after I had emailed hail. He could not supply details or pictures but did supply an address. After a google search of the address, it was obvious a scam and I would send no one into that neighborhood.