For Sale: 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne 2-Door - "as original as it gets" - TX - Not Mine - 1/30 Reduced - 2/3 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne 2-Door Sedan in Pottsboro, TX  -  $17,500  -  Text or call:  nine 03 eight 15 six 528

On 1/30, Seller reduced price to $16,500

Link: https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/d/pottsboro-1964-chevrolet-biscayne/7267292204.html

Seller's Description:

1964 Chevrolet Biscayne 2-Door Sedan

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 6 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 69099
  • title status: clean

This is a 1964 Chevy Biscayne with 69,099 miles. This is a rust free Texas car in its original Desert Beige #22391 color. The car has had one driver quality repaint. The car had been in storage for 10+ years when I found it. This car is as original as it gets. It still wears all of its original window glass, T3 headlights, original interior, had original plug wires, etc. Equipped with the 230 CID Straight 6 cylinder engine and 2 speed Powerglide transmission. No power steering or power brakes. Runs and drives excellent.
Service work I performed and I have all parts receipts:

• Spark plugs
  • Vacuum advance unit
  • Pertronix Electronic Ignition kit
  • New plug wires (I still have the original)
  • Distributor cap and rotor
  • Carburetor kit
  • Fuel filters
  • All rubber fuel lines including 1-1/2" fuel fill hose
  • Engine oil and filter
  • Transmission fluid & filter changed twice
  • Battery, cables, tray and hold down
  • Radiator flush & fill. Radiator cap.
  • Thermostat
  • All new brakes
  • Master and wheel cylinders
  • 3 new brake hoses
  • Spring kits
  • Riveted shoes
  • Repacked front wheel bearings & new seals
  • Rear pinion seal & gear oil
  • New tires
  • Includes a new 3 core brass radiator for the car which is not yet installed. The factory 2 core works fine.

Clear Texas Title in hand. $17,500.00 cash or wire transfer. Serious inquires only, low ball offers will be ignored.
Car shown by appointment only. Email, text or call nine 03 eight 15 six 528. I will remove this ad when it sells.

image.thumb.png.76760bd662b063f342c59d7a8f6cad66.png

image.thumb.png.adef953ace6a42623655609fdb629f2b.png

image.thumb.png.9d998d07d53b16db28d07c13a1f57d55.png

image.thumb.png.1b18f11b411fcfc5877f025ddfe2a742.png

image.thumb.png.dfed9c025e4bb86e216528d2afe8f82d.png

image.thumb.png.f6d7cd3fb1f381b71f643057d54739b7.png

image.thumb.png.e5d5bad27c9b78e827dc41358ecf47b8.png

image.thumb.png.c20e9c6603292855b3236d79949f1ed5.png

image.thumb.png.30c065a83583d463456892736b71bb83.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I love that kind of car, but don't care for that body style. It's a bit on the high side, but it would be hard to find a better example if that's the kind of thing you like.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne 2-Door - "as original as it gets" - Pottsboro, TX - Not Mine - 1/30 Price Reduced

The seller picked up this car, probably for $5K (or less), cleaned it up, did a few days re-commissioning, and expects a big payday. After only a week, the price is dropped, but not much. I'm guessing the seller will be hearing crickets while potential buyers wait for next week's price drop.

I've tried to sell a couple of cars that way, and it certainly hasn't worked for me. Nibbling at the asking price sends the message you're not serious about selling, or just don't know the market value.

• Like 1

Nibbling at the asking price sends the message you're not serious about selling, or just don't know the market value. 
I think there’s a lot of that right now, especially not knowing the market. Either that, or I’m too cheap to spend a few bucks. I’d buy this one in a heartbeat for 5 or 6 grand, about 10,000 less than what he’s asking.

• Like 2

While I truly appreciate the originality of this car, there's no hiding the fact that it was Chevrolet's bargain basement full size offering for '64 with zero creature comforts, not even a meager 283 V-8, (with the possible exception of an AM radio as there is an antenna).   After the first day behind the wheel I think the novelty would wear off pretty fast and leave one with a big dose of buyer's remorse while thinking about how much more car you could buy for $16,000.

I'm with you George, at $5 or $6K I think the car would be worth owning with no regrets.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, GregLaR said:

While I truly appreciate the originality of this car, there's no hiding the fact that it was Chevrolet's bargain basement full size offering for '64 with zero creature comforts, not even a meager 283 V-8, (with the possible exception of an AM radio as there is an antenna).   After the first day behind the wheel I think the novelty would wear off pretty fast and leave one with a big dose of buyer's remorse while thinking about how much more car you could buy for $16,000.

I'm with you George, at $5 or $6K I think the car would be worth owning with no regrets.

Chevy Fever strikes again. I would love to have that car, I think it's beautiful, but the bottom of the line full size model of the bottom of the line brand for GM shouldn't be worth more than the more upscale offerings of that year, particularly when it isn't factory equipped with the engine that made Chevy famous. Think of the '64 Buick Riviera you could buy for not much more than $16K.

I want to say only nice things about this cool car - like I'm really glad it wasn't retrofitted with Chevy's famous engine that I mentioned - but the price is a distraction.

• Like 2

My wife owned a ‘66 Belair 2 door sedan in the ‘70’s. 283 Powerglide no PS, PB or any other options. Great car.

In the early 2000’s, I owned the bottom of the line ‘66 Biscayne 2 door sedan. No PS, PB, not even a radio. It did have a couple nice features though: L72, M20, & 4:88’s. OK children, can you say RACE CAR?

• Haha 1
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Chevy Biscayne 2-Door - "as original as it gets" - Pottsboro, TX - Not Mine - 1/30 Price Reduced - 2/3 Deleted
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Chevrolet Biscayne 2-Door - "as original as it gets" - TX - Not Mine - 1/30 Reduced - 2/3 Deleted