For Sale: 1964 Dodge Dart 270 4dr Sedan - runs, good condition - $5,250 - Lake George, CO - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $4,950 - Feb '21

For Sale: 1964 Dodge Dart 270 4dr Sedan - runs, good condition - $5,250 - Lake George, CO -  Price Reduced to $4,950 - Feb '21, see below for link.

1964 Dodge Dart 270 4dr Sedan - runs, good condtion - cars & trucks... (craigslist.org)

1964 Dodge Dart 270 Sedan: Details - 81540 miles, engine170 slant 6, push button control on the Torqueflite automatic transmission, rear wheel drive, 4 door, exterior color - white, interior color - red. Car starts and runs well.  Hitchin' Post is interested in assisting you during your purchase. We know that there are lots of considerations so give us a call with questions. Thanks for reading our ad.
www.hitchinposttrailers.com
Hours: Monday to Saturday, 9 to 5

Copy and paste in your email:  0da501caf5da321bbf02389998e89195@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1964 Dodge Dart 270 4dr Sedan. 

Note:  I'm familiar with this area as I have family living nearby, past through Lake George on my way to visit them.  Take a Colorado vacation, check out this Dart and buy it if its as good as it looks and operates, have yourself a nice, solid daily driver and a nice vacation.

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO a.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO b.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO c.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO d.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO e.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO f.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO g.jpg

'64 Dodge Dart 270 4dr CO h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Price Reduced to $4,950 - Feb '21 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I see that the last photo shows that the car had those clear vinyl seat covers. It appears that they didn't hold up well at all, although I've always thought they were pretty tough. I wonder if they were inferior material or if the Colorado sun light did them in?

7 minutes ago, suchan said:

Nice.  The optional 225 motor would be better for drivability with an automatic, but good car at a reasonable asking price.

Swapping a 225 'leaning tower of power' into it would be a piece of cake, make it a great daily driver.

• Like 1
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1964 Dodge Dart 270 4dr Sedan - runs, good condition - $5,250 - Lake George, CO - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $4,950 - Feb '21

How many of you view some cars you once thought of as boring as now rather charming? At one time (for me, anyway) the early compact Dart held the undisputed title of, "least thrilling car of the 1960's."

Now I wouldn't mind having one. I think I would prefer a convertible version, though, as it might be one of the few convertibles of that era I could afford. This Dart looks like a great value in the old car market.

• Like 3

My sister was engaged for a while to a guy who had a '64 GT with a 318 and 4 speed. Fun car.

Not sure a 170 could be hot rodded sufficiently to make it fun as well. A 225, probably could. 

Someone in another thread posted a link to a six-cylinder speed shop that (I recall) promised a 120% HP increase with their $1800 engine kit.

I had a '72 Valiant with a 225. Great car, kick myself for selling it. 20 years after I sold it, I still saw it around town. Those motors are bulletproof.

• Like 2