Windshield weatherstrip bead molding

reded

I'm restoring my 1934, 40 series.  Does anyone know of someone who produces the front windshield weatherstrip with the chromed/stainless steel reveal molding/bead?  None of the major suppliers seem to produce it.  The bead in my original weatherstrip appears to have been imbedded in the weatherstrip when the strip was created.  I could probably get mine our but then how do you reinstall it and into what pattern of weatherstrip.

Steele used to have a service where they would reproduce an item if you sent them an original.  It was a costly service and they may have discontinued doing it but you might consider taking to them about the possibility.  If you need it there must be at least a few others out there who could use some.  A larger order might help keep costs somewhat lower.

Thanks for your above input.    I just got off the phone with Eddie at Steele who says he has been in the business for 39 years.  He said he has only seen one beaded windshield weatherstrip.  He went on to say they have never made beaded weatherstrip and wished me luck.  He suggested carefully slitting new weatherstrip and inserting the bead from my old weatherstrip.  I'm thinking about plan "B."  I'm open to suggestions.