1938 Cadillac

George Cole

MBATR, Fantasy of Flight is on the north side of I-4 near Lakeland (exit SR559) about 30 miles from Orlando. It is an interesting place. As to the "frost line" it keeps moving around, once was north of Orlando, now groves are mostly south.

I grew up in the only state occupied for the whole War of Northern Agression (South of the M-D line but north of Washington.

As to all these revisionists, 1984 came late.

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

TexasJohn55,

Yup, when gettin' schooled at U of K in Lexington, Bowling Green was South,

but could you get good Burgoo down that way?

You probably won't believe this, I had never even heard of Burgoo, maybe we were too far south.🙂🙂

Funny, my PC just underlined Burgoo as a spelling mistake.

1 hour ago, TexasJohn55 said:

You probably won't believe this, I had never even heard of Burgoo, maybe we were too far south.🙂🙂

Funny, my PC just underlined Burgoo as a spelling mistake.

Ever tried it? Great stew, maybe similar to Brunswick Stew in Virginia?

I recall a great home-style restaurant between Lexington and Frankfort, and some others out in the country. Was a big deal around Derby Day.

9 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Ever tried it? Great stew, maybe similar to Brunswick Stew in Virginia?

I recall a great home-style restaurant between Lexington and Frankfort, and some others out in the country. Was a big deal around Derby Day.

Nope. Came to Texas in '69 and had to learn new words like tank, as in stock tank, (pond), chunk and tote! I knew a stock tank as a galvanized metal open top tank. I asked a friend how he could catch any big bass out of a 200 gal tank.!

• Haha 1