For Sale: 1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring Model - $24,500 - Birmingham, AL - Not Mine - Reactivated, roadworthy, price increased to $28,500: 10-18-2022:

For Sale: 1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring Model - $24,500 - Birmingham, AL - Reactivated, roadworthy, price increased to $28,500: 10-18-2022: See New Link and photos below:

1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring Model - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)

1922 Paige 6-66 Lakewood 7-passenger Touring Model
Stock original example, AACA 1st Prize Award Winner (1965)
Vehicle is complete, solid, and currently in non-running condition.
This vehicle is on the list of approved classics by the Classic Car Club of America.
https://www.classiccarclub.org/approved-classics
https://www.wcroberts.org/Paige_History/Images/1922-03-04.html
The current family owner has known the car to be running/operable in the last 15+\- years and may not take much to get running(?). Restored in IL now residing in AL with it's heir who would like to see the family car live on with another enthusiast to preserve a marque there is not many of making this a rare offering for its merits.
Colonial Yellow over Black Fenders with red wooden-spoke wheels. This is a Wood-bodied car with steel fenders & hood. Manual transmission that is likely in fine condition. Floors & undercarriage appear solid.
Instruments are clear/legible considering their vintage showing an odometer of 46240 which is believed to be accurate.
Black Carriage roof showing signs of wear and will likely require replacement.
I would anticipate the car needs a full restoration to its former glory.
As a former restored vehicle worthy of a 1st place AACA award, I believe this candidate worthy of restoring to save an oft' forgotten part of history.
This is not of the Model-A variety as it is a larger vehicle with 4-seating capacity.
Wood spoke wheels appear to be intact (not broken) and tires hold air.
Windshield is not broken. The few available records accompany the sale of the car.
Vehicle is not currently drivable and will require a tow to be moved.
No trades please as this is part of a downsizing effort. Rare complete surviving example with extra parts.
Notarized title detail is available. Sold on car club Bill of Sale.
Please direct communications to Chris in TN to coordinate inspection/purchase.
If the ad is still up the vehicle is available. The ad will be deleted when sold.

Copy and paste in your email:  6c42da8ee4253d5e88ea83afc78367ce@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring.

Note: The 1922 Paige 6-66 is powered by a 331.4 c.in. L-head six Continental 8A engine on a 131" wheelbase, priced at $2,875 factory price.   These were a capable, entry-level luxury car. 

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL a.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL b.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL c.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL d.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL e.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL f.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL fa.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL g.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL h.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL i.jpg

'22 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood AL j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Reactivated, roadworthy, price increased to $28,500: 10-18-2022: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)

3 hours ago, George Albright said:

Someone please pass my offer to Chris in Tennessee who is listed as the contact in the ad. Thanks again George 

George, Chris (the contact) had his number listed.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring Model - $24,500 - Birmingham, AL - Not Mine
  • 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1922 Paige Model 6-66 Lakewood Touring Model - $24,500 - Birmingham, AL - Not Mine - Reactivated, roadworthy, price increased to $28,500: 10-18-2022:

Reactivated, roadworthy, price increased to $28,500: 10-18-2022:

1922 Paige Lakewood 6-66 Touring Car - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

Seller's Description:

Please take a look at this senior-owned '22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 Touring Car.  This is a 1965 National AACA winner that was left with a family member up to the point of its sale. Currently, the car is complete with a host of (expensive) additional parts. Beautiful full-sized rare example of a survivor-type car worthy of a enjoying. Just over $9300.00 spent to get the engine running. As its 100 years old, it needs a fair amount of maintenance items addressed to enjoy roadworthy use of a neat old car.  Solid/No rust. Fuel tank will need to be cleaned/sealed.  Interestingly, in during the 1989 World Series in IL, a partial loft collapsed onto the roof bows causing them to be bent.
They are not beyond repair but will need attention. Top will need to be replaced. Neat, oversized car.  Located in Franklin, TN. Partial trades considered. Please call Chris in TN:

Copy and paste in your email: 9a3802305b373f8584ae6fc399fcc76c@sale.craigslist.org

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN a.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN b.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN c.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN d.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN e.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN f.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN g.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN h.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN i.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN j.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN k.jpg

'22 Paige Lakewood 6-66 TN l.jpg

• Like 1

I was brought up in a household with strong Catholic beliefs.

Nonsensical as it may be, I would not want to own a car which was a Model 666.

Details on money spent would be interesting.  Apparently not a completeengine rebuild, so if 80% of money spent was labor cost that adds little value to car.  It is a big, impressive car, though…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, trimacar said:

I was brought up in a household with strong Catholic beliefs.

Nonsensical as it may be, I would not want to own a car which was a Model 666.

Details on money spent would be interesting.  Apparently not a complete engine rebuild, so if 80% of money spent was labor cost that adds little value to car.  It is a big, impressive car, though…

Wonder if they said of the Paige Lakewood 6-66 back in the day: "it goes like the devil!"

BTW, anyone know what wire wheels were available optionally on these Paiges?  This car would look great on a set.

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I can tell you from personal experience that these cars have two difficult components:

* v-shaped radiator with herringbone fins as part of the exterior design, which would cost more than the car is worth to have duplicated.

* water pump shaft:  The shaft is about 30" long, captive in the water pump, and extends from the pulley to the generator coupler, and midway contains a forged spiral bevel gear to drive the distributor and (external) oil pump.  Virtually impossible to repack front side of the water pump on the car.  To remove water pump, one must first remove hood, radiator and shell, headlights, pulley, timing cover, one timing gear (no chain), distributor, oil pump, generator--probably a few more that I've forgotten.  Only then can one remove the three nuts and the hose connections to remove the water pump.  I had a new WP shaft made to fit into the original shaft behind the drive gear for dist and oil pump, secured with a tapered pin.  When considering one of these cars with a Continental 8A, 9A, or 10A engine, look for a similar modification.

That said, it's a great engine but the diff is pretty deep (specs say 4.55 but I removed a 4.75 from a parts car).  Ralph Mulford's >100 mph run in a Paige Daytona necessitated about 2.0 gears or even taller.

• 1 month later...