First drive since 71

RiKi5156B

First drive for my 40 special sedan since the original owner parked it in 71. I got it around 2004-6. Small recap: frame on, stock body, red/black vinyl interior,twin carb/ exhaust 41 super fresh build, stock trans,3.60 gear out of 50 special. Red stock wheels wide whites fatman 2" dropped spindles.So just went around a 4 block area to get oil circulating and heat up. 180 degrees and stayed there. Only issue was fan belt slipping and bad fuse in stereo. Maybe tomorrow will be a bit of fluff and buff.

Edited by RiKi5156B
duplicate (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, RiKi5156B said:

First drive for my 40 special sedan since the original owner parked it in 71. I got it around 2004-6. Small recap: frame on, stock body, red/black vinyl interior,twin carb/ exhaust 41 super fresh build, stock trans,3.60 gear out of 50 special. Red stock wheels wide whites fatman 2" dropped spindles.So just went around a 4 block area to get oil circulating and heat up. 180 degrees and stayed there. Only issue was fan belt slipping and bad fuse in stereo. Maybe tomorrow will be a bit of fluff and buff.

You did intend to post pictures!  Didn't you?😁

Ben

In the time since I got it I've been through 6 motorhomes still have two, bought and sold 4 Buicks still have two, motorcycles too many to remember still have 2 and doing a light restore on my really nice 52 F1.Some of this activity has taken time from the 40 but as of now I'm down to front alignment, charge the a/c first time, and a really good fluff and buff. And I need a year of manufacture 40 Washington plate. All retirement fun.

IMG_20201019_075245.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...