P2 sedan tail lights

vette-kid

I'm in need of a tail light stand for a P2 four door sedan.  I really just need the stand, but I'll consider the while thing of I need to.  I think the stage are identical but the bad one is left side of it matters.

I had one through eBay but they can't find it now!

output_image1611345278320.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Left and right side stands are different.  Is this a 4 door touring sedan (with trunk lid) or a 4 door "standard" sedan?  Big difference in how the tail lights mount to the body (or fenders).

I have a pair of very nice P1 touring sedan tail lights.  They came with my 36 D2 and don't fit that car.

IMG_0734.JPG

IMG_0738.JPG

Edited by Pete in PA
error (see edit history)

On 2/10/2021 at 10:25 PM, vette-kid said:

It's a touring sedan, with trunk.  Curious what the difference is, mine look just like what you have pictured.  

I had a brain fart and said that the spares I have are from a standard sedan.  No idea why I said that LOL because they are from a P1 touring sedan.  I’ve corrected my earlier post.

Beautiful Plymouth you have there. I like the color a lot. I’m surprised by how low on the the body the tail lamps are mounted. 

Edited by Pete in PA (see edit history)

The guy I bought my D2 from somehow learned about a P1 touring sedan sitting in a field in NE PA.  He couldn't remember the details but the car had been sitting outside for many years.  Anyway he went up there and stripped everything worth saving from that P1.  Headlamp buckets and stands, tail lamps, carb, radiator, hood halves, starter, generator, instrument cluster, knobs, handles, etc.

The main reason the tail lamps don't fit my D2 is that I have a non-touring sedan and that body style has the tail lamps mounted to the rear fenders.  Touring sedans have the tail lamps mounted to the side of the body.  Totally different setup.  The parts for a Plymouth and a Dodge *of the same body style* may also be differnt but I don't know about that.  It won't matter in this case, though, because the parts I have came from a P1.

The tail lamps have part numbers molded into the stands where the stands fit against the vehicle body.  Here is what I have.

IMG_0737.JPG

IMG_0742.JPG

The P1 and P2 are nearly identical.  I'll check the part numbers, are you interested in selling them if I think they will work?  I thought I had one sourced, but he hasn't gotten back to me for a good bit.  Plus I don't mind stocking up on spare parts where is reasonable to do so.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I seldom visit this site these days as I'm very busy at work and progress on my D2 has stalled.  Now that my son't school has ended for the year we will probably head to the Dodge Garage for some fun.  I'll send you a PM on this matter.

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2021 at 5:50 AM, Pete in PA said:

I had a brain fart and said that the spares I have are from a standard sedan.  No idea why I said that LOL because they are from a P1 touring sedan.  I’ve corrected my earlier post.

Beautiful Plymouth you have there. I like the color a lot. I’m surprised by how low on the the body the tail lamps are mounted. 

The Plymouth tail lights are mounted lower than Dodge and the buckets are shorter than Dodge. That’s one or the only thing i like from Plymouth better than Dodge so I picked up a nice set of Plymouth buckets using my original Dodge mounts with Plymouth buckets and lowered them down like Plymouth. That was one thing I really disliked when I first picked up my 36 Dodge as they where mounted mid way up the trunk and the buckets where to big