Pro Detailers::: removing water stains from seat and door panel fabric?

Smartin

Before I ruin the original fabric on this car, I figured I would pick the collective brain of the forums.  This is in virtually every door panel, and the seats could use a good clean, too.  How do I remove the water stains?

Before anyone suggests one of those tornado air/water guns, I already tried.  No go.  Didn't even touch it.

Steam cleaner?  If so, any recommendations on which one to buy?

s-l1600h.jpg

I am not an expert but I will suggest trying a rug cleaner product with a bristle brush. Then asorb the cleaner with microfibre towels. 

Also, if there is any rug retailers in your area you might inquire if they can recommend a professional cleaner. I once took a heavily soiled car for treatment and $60.00 later it was nearly new inside. 

Years ago a friend of mine, Grimy's too, had a stained and dirty car interior cleaned by a local Service Master: https://www.servicemaster.com/company/our-brands/servicemaster-clean/

franchise. They are professionals. He was thoroughly impressed then and would probably still give them a high rating. As I remember the car was a '56 Cadillac Fleetwood 75.

Just in case anyone has a leather interior I recently replaced the leather seat bottom in my wife's 1998 Tahoe. The upholstery company said they had complaints that the new leather was not as shiny as the original (with years of sweat and body oozings on them). They recommended Scrubbing Bubbles for the original surfaces. Wow! What a job that does, if you have leather.

• Like 1