1939 Chev 2 door sedan

Menace

On a 1939 Chev 2 door-sedan my passenger front vent window will not go completely closed.I have bought another transmission for the vent window-but it will not close all the way either. I can not see any kind of adjustment. The transmissions look good inside and there is plenty of lubricant. What should I do next?

If somebody replaced the glass it might be cut too wide.I had the vent window glass replaced on my 35 Buick and I couldn't get it to close all the way so I bought a diamond top wheel for my dremmel  tool and trimmed the edge of the glass. Or the glass might not be seated fully in the frame.

• 1 month later...

The window fits right-but will not close fully with handle.Has had new weatherstrip installed. It just seems like the gearing will not close the window tight. And it seems like there is No adjustment. 

I bet it is the new weatherstrip.  It is probably just a hair bigger and will not let the window close with the handle.  Try pushing it closed and leave it that way for several months to "form" the new rubber to the vent window and try again.

Dale