Flxible Bus Buick 8’s

50ChevyFrank

This question, as most of the ones I ask are hypothetical as I don’t have a Buick... yet. 😉

Previously I posted my interest in repowering a Chevy A-D (47-55) Pickup with a Straight 8.  I know some Flxible buses had 320 Buick 8’s with 4- and 5-speed manual transmissions. 

Anyone here familiar with or have any personal knowledge of these setups?

Flywheel, clutch, pilot bushing, TO bearing, bell housing, etc?

Thanks!

IMG_20150807_114929.thumb.jpg.b1d3a0f6a194f0e423c81381380ec2a4.jpg

2 hours ago, 50ChevyFrank said:

This question, as most of the ones I ask are hypothetical as I don’t have a Buick... yet. 😉

Previously I posted my interest in repowering a Chevy A-D (47-55) Pickup with a Straight 8.  I know some Flxible buses had 320 Buick 8’s with 4- and 5-speed manual transmissions. 

Anyone here familiar with or have any personal knowledge of these setups?

Flywheel, clutch, pilot bushing, TO bearing, bell housing, etc?

Thanks!

Unfotunately, some time ago, I bought exactly what your asking about and most parts have been "recycled", except engine, which helped power a 40 Buick restoration project. I did take some photos of the complete assy. The components were "dumptruck" sized with a standard/stick trans. Pm for photos. Dont recommend parts for less than one ton rated use because of size & weight!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Based on that fan it looks like the engine runs counter clockwise? Wouldn't the car version run clockwise?  

No? I suspect the engine is not "north - south"  but "south - north" [fan the very rear of the bus.]

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...