Jump to content

Your thoughts on this design?


Recommended Posts

I think the multi-door Porsche looks pretty good; the "re-imagined" Jaguar E-Type, not so much (I'm being charitable here).

 

Cheers,

Grog

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Heavens!

Just because you can, doesn't mean...

311451097_unnamed(2).jpg.8567fb70f431e8174228ef52015130fa.jpg

 

Unless maybe they ordered a fleet of these Jagwagons, cut the roofs off and used them as part of a bizarre safari type tourist ride where they could cruise around their former colonies to show other colossal British failures.

A catchy name name like "The Dick Rowe Memorial Safari Ride" might help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

Good Heavens!

Just because you can, doesn't mean...

311451097_unnamed(2).jpg.8567fb70f431e8174228ef52015130fa.jpg

 

Unless maybe they ordered a fleet of these Jagwagons, cut the roofs off and used them as part of a bizarre safari type tourist ride where they could cruise around their former colonies to show other colossal British failures.

A catchy name name like "The Dick Rowe Memorial Safari Ride" might help.

needs a visor.:lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

jag.jpg

 

ARRRRGGHHHH, I kinda like it.  What is happening to me?   Where's the antidote?  Ahh, good ol ' single malt to the rescue again!

 

Cheers,

Grog

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capngrog said:

jag.jpg

 

ARRRRGGHHHH, I kinda like it.  What is happening to me?   Where's the antidote?  Ahh, good ol ' single malt to the rescue again!

 

Cheers,

Grog

Having owned one Jag before, I think I've learned my lesson, but I'm with you Grog; I'd drive this little hearse Jag in a  heartbeat!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If my King's English is correct, taking it from a two-door coupe to a four-door makes it a 'saloon', which is where it looks like it was designed, after a wee dram or two...As noted above, just because you can doesn't mean you should.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

In the design process, sometimes one has to work out terrible ideas just to get them out of one's system, to see how truly bad a design idea can work out.  I suspect this fellow felt much better once he saw how horribly bloated is the result.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you sure somebody didn't photo-shop this by crafting part of an MGBGT on a Jag and then stretching it?   Is ground clearance such a problem they had to raise it up to make it look even more ridiculous?   I guess being locked up at home is having a mental impact on some designers!

Terry

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Are you sure somebody didn't photo-shop this by crafting part of an MGBGT on a Jag and then stretching it?   Is ground clearance such a problem they had to raise it up to make it look even more ridiculous?   I guess being locked up at home is having a mental impact on some designers!

Terry

Movie car. Google "Harold and Maude"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, nickelroadster said:

It looks very pregnant.  I hope it doesn't give birth anytime soon.

Must be a relative of the 1929 Buick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, TAKerry said:

I think the idea of capturing a market share by adding doors to a sports car is well........................ I think you all know what I mean.

It worked for Porsche.

 

Convincing enough for Maserati and Lamborghini to follow suit.

 

Craig

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

It worked for Porsche.

 

Convincing enough for Maserati and Lamborghini to follow suit.

 

Craig

 

With the new lineup of cars where they can make it look right.  Make a 4 door Countach and see what happens.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...