About what year are these vehicles?

Here's a "rear end" view of 5-1/2 vehicles parked at the Imperial Hotel in Grand Bend Ontario.  Sorry, it's not the clearest.  The owners could be Canadians or Americans -- the hotel would get a lot of tourists and businessmen coming up from Detroit, Port Huron, or even Buffalo.  I'm trying to pin an approximate date on the photo based on the cars.  Extra points if you can actually identify the models.  Thanks.

ImperialHotelGrandBend.jpg

From the right 1st and 4th, 35-36 Fords. 3rd car from right `35 Pontiac.  Guessing, second car from right, `34 Plymouth/Dodge. Last one on the left Hudson/Terraplane. That black one dosen`t look like it should be in the picture.

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks folks, interesting and valuable info.  Re the black one, looking more closely at the photo I have (which is a copy of a copy of...) it actually looks like it's been touched-up.  FYI my mother's parents owned this hotel, and she was born there 100 years ago Jan 27 (unfortunately, I've forgotten which room number, and she isn't around any longer to remind me).

Definitely an airbrush retouch on the black car. It may have had some sunlight glare, or a big shadow, or just blended in too well with the background. If you look at the back window, you can see that it's not level with the rear windows of the other cars, and not quite lined up with the roof line or trunk. It's likely that the artist was not a car expert, and since he/she could not see sharp lines of the rear windshield, they simply guessed at where it must have been. 

• Like 1