1933 LaSalle 345C 2 door coupe retail pricing

Laughing Coyote

The LaSalle market is very soft. Figure half the price of a Cadillac. They are a 45 mph car. They are difficult cars to tune, fix, and service. If your are not handy.......it will be a big hand full.

• Like 1

It is easy the get a speculative armchair price but, after years on these forums, no one will ever tell you the price they paid. So one never really  knows.

People are terrified it might ruin a future sale or another person might surmise how much money they have. They just tend to be like that.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Laughing Coyote said:

The black one you posted.  I guess they call it a town coupe 5 passenger?

Yes.   Looking at the one Ed posted,  I would have thought that was the price for a 2 passenger.  A business coupe would not be 2x that so my math was bad.

43 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

It is easy the get a speculative armchair price but, after years on these forums, no one will ever tell you the price they paid. So one never really  knows.

People are terrified it might ruin a future sale or another person might surmise how much money they have. They just tend to be like that.

You are right.    Nobody gives up their prices.   Part of why I laugh at price guides.

There are are couple reasons why I rarely share prices:

1.  I look back at the cars I thought were a "deal" and kept those prices a secret in case a future buyer thought I stole the car.  Eventually I always was lucky to just get my money back.

2.  I look back at other cars were I thought I overpaid on day one,  and I was right every time.   I kept those a secret because I felt an idiot.

• Haha 1

Btw,   30 years ago the Restoration shop I worked in as a kid restored a 33 Lasalle Town coupe to 99.9 points.  It was the guys grandfather's car and he had a sentimental attachment.  I want to say he spent 100k way back then.   Eventually he got divorced and he had to sell the car,   Was looking to get 45k and I think ended up with 30 something.   Funny the prices have not changed much on those in 30 years.

2 hours ago, padgett said:

LaSalle trannys were popular in gassers when the world & I were young.

Five years ago there was a Peerless Master 8 or Standard 8 Coupe for sale or trade that had been converted into a lakebed runner in California in the 50s. They removed the top and switched engines to a Chrysler Spitfire straight 8 instead of a Continental straight 8, and used a LaSalle transmission. This hood style appeared on both the Standard 8 and Master 8 in 1930, designed by Count Alexis de Sakhnoffsky.
post-93154-0-79394400-1444578842_thumb.j

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1