IF I were to pull my motor to have a minor block crack repaired, is there a source for gaskets to re-seal it as long as it's out? Someone has repaired it with some type of epoxy but it still seeps. Nothing major. Car has 26000 miles on it, never torn down as far as I know and runs great. I'm currently taking out the radiator to have a small leak repaired and pulling the clutch to replace the leather. Any sources to repair the radiator? How about the clutch leather? This is my first time working on this old of a car so it's a steep learning curve. Any answers would be appreciated. 

Still haven't been able to find a service manual. Can someone tell me what this is? I guessed a screen for oil. I broke it loose but will not come out easily. I'm concerned if I just tighten it back up the gasket will no longer seal.  Can I just twist it out or am I looking for trouble. This started just wanting to change all fluids. 

20210121_145556.jpg

Randy,

The six bolts on that cover must be removed . There is a screen attached to the base

that is about 4" tall and goes around your oil pick-up.

Carefully remove this and clean it before re-installing.

Dennis

If you haven't yet removed the pan, you should remove it and clean it. Check the oil splashers as

I have seen many loose laying in the bottom of the pan.

Edited by dl456
add info. (see edit history)
On 1/14/2021 at 5:59 PM, Randy D said:

Next question. I'm to the point in the picture removing the clutch. Any help as to what's next? Do I need to make a tool to pull the nut? Pointed to?

20210114_163240.jpg

20210114_163252.jpg

Randy,

There is a pipe plug in the Clutch housing. Remove this pipe plug, depress the spring and insert a line-up punch in the hole to 

maintain the spring compressed. The nut can be easily removed or re-installed. Be careful

Dennis 

Any sources for u-joints? Or whatever it's called. Looks like I've got a siezed one rotating in the housing. Are they held in with circlips or snap rings? Still cleaning, pretty sure they've never been touched. 

On 2/2/2021 at 4:18 PM, Randy D said:

Any sources for u-joints? Or whatever it's called. Looks like I've got a siezed one rotating in the housing. Are they held in with circlips or snap rings? Still cleaning, pretty sure they've never been touched. 

Found 1 circlip in each end. Removing it still doesn't allow disassembly. I can move the outer race about 1/16. Should there be a circlip in all four?  Can this be repaired? 

20210203_121049.jpg